Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Droid and bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:58 AM
PolarDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another quick question: Where do you place your phone when you are using it in the car? I'm guessing that you use the cupholder to hold your phone. Trying to rule out antenna interference issues.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:15 AM
mziegler

My previous BT phone did not always work properly, even though it was on the Infiniti list of phones that worked--a samsung gleam, I believe. Sometimes when I had an incoming call I could hear the person calling me, but he could not hear me.

I usually have the phone in the cup holder, but I have used it while parked and holding it.

It really looks like the problem is with Infiniti, given that I have had the problem with two phones by two different manufacturers, one of which is on the approved list.

I have not tried the droid with my BT earpiece, but the pattern so far suggests that the problem is with Infiniti.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:31 PM
beestea

This is probably similar to the issue where a lot of Windows Mobile 6.1 phones (specificially HTC manufactured phones) have bluetooth problems with Nissian/Infiniti cars WITH Navigation. That might explain why it works for some of you (no navi?) and doesn't for others (navi).

The symptom is that when you answer the call, you can hear the caller, but they can't hear you at all. If you click the "use handset" button on the navi, then switch right back to "use bluetooth" it will usually work.

There are lots of messages about this issue on various forums but no one will fess up to being the party responsible. It is most likely a nissan/infiniti issue, more specifically whoever manufacturers their navigation head unit.

I really can't believe with all of the small things they issue TSB fixes for they won't release some sort of software patch for the headunit to fix the bluetooth issues.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:34 PM
mziegler

I wonder if there is a fix, but only for those who pay $$$ to upgrade the nav system.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There are a few known issues as far as the Droid goes with bluetooth along with a couple other things. There's going to be two official releases for updates to fix most of problems on December 22th, and January 11th.

As for now, the Droid doesn't transfer contacts to your car's phonebook, but that will also be fixed in the update to come.

If anybody has questions about their Droid or Eris, shoot me a PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:37 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i thought the update was set for the 11. the droid is a nice phone but not as easy to forward messages. anyone know how to forward texts to other contacts?