Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help 2009 G37 and 2G iPod Touch Incompatibility

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:30 AM
jabbas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 G37 and 2G iPod Touch Incompatibility

I know there's a lot of threads about the 2G iPod Touch not CHARGING with the iPod interface wihtout one of the adapters, but my new G37 (with premium package) will not even allow me music playback of my 2G iPod Touch.

When I connect the iPod it makes the little connection beep and actually the charging symbol lights up (something most others seem to be having problems with) and the iPod screen changes to "accessory connected."

However, when I use the 'DISC' button on the car to select iPod, the window "No iPod is connected" is there. So, it looks like the iPod detects the cra, but not vice versa.

I have had the car for only one day, and need to borrow a friend's iPod to see if this is specific to my iPod or all iPods, but this certainly sounds like a bad connection, right?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 11-18-2009, 10:09 AM
pdroth

I had this happen on my iPhone 3GS - it was clearly connected but I got the same msg you did.

I reset the iPhone (held down button and top switch for about 10 seconds until Apple logo appears) and that seems to have fixed it. It may have started since a recent "patch" that Apple released but I honestly haven't looked into it further since it has been working since.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:30 PM
jabbas

Wtf?

So I tried resetting the iPod touch as suggested by the other poster (thanks for the effort) and it didn't work, the car says "No iPod connected"

I then got a friend's iPhone 3GS and tried it and it didn't work, but when I tried an older iPod classic it worked perfectly, displaying the Infiniti logo on the iPod and playing exactly like it's supposed to.

So... Now I know the cable and car interface work, but it's not recognizing my 2nd Gen iPod touch or a iPhone 3GS..

Any further suggestions?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:32 PM
anthraxandyou

That is pretty strange. I have a 8gb ipod touch and when I just hook it up, it automatically starts playing, I don't even have to change it to ipod (unless I want to skip songs) Have you tried updating the touch? Apple releases updates for itunes very frequently. Perhaps that might be something you may need to check?
Old 11-19-2009, 12:36 PM
jabbas

Things getting weirder...

To answer the previous question, I am running the most recent version of iPod software.

So, I restored my iPod system, effectively restoring factory settings and erasing all music off it, then when I loaded juts a few songs back on the car would now recognize it. So, I started the LONG process of putting back all my music, and with about 20 GB worth of songs the car inferface worked perfectly. I then continued loading songs until about 30 GB, or just about everything I want on there was loaded, and now the car won't recognize the iPod, I get the same "No Ipod is connected message."

Very confused here...
Old 11-19-2009, 03:51 PM
anthraxandyou

That's a definite wtf moment. It lets you read some of the songs but not all of them, hmm. I would say maybe it can only read a certain amount of songs, but then again, I've seen in other posts people connecting 80+ gb ipods and it worked fine so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe just make due with a certain percentage of your songs and just recycle them out for new songs weekly?
Old 11-21-2009, 08:30 AM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pdroth
I had this happen on my iPhone 3GS - it was clearly connected but I got the same msg you did.

I reset the iPhone (held down button and top switch for about 10 seconds until Apple logo appears) and that seems to have fixed it. It may have started since a recent "patch" that Apple released but I honestly haven't looked into it further since it has been working since.
Wait a minute. Did you say your 3GS iPhone works fine? Did you perform the reset while the iPhone was connected to your G?