Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

iPhone Users w/ G37 Coupe???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:47 AM
demuslee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok ... just tried my friends IPhone in my G and it was plug and play. It instantly read his Iphone playlist, songs, genres and artists .... displayed everything on the display and the sound quality was excellent!!! I'm gonna get an Iphone now with this new found convenience. He had the latest Iphone that came out a few months ago, not sure what version but it was the latest one.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Alpiner

Eureka!

Found this - been waiting for something like this since I bought my new 3Gs iPhone. The new 3G iPhones will not charge the iPhone through the regular iPod cable that comes with the G37. Search the internet for "firewire USB" if you wish to know why. Hoping this is the answer. I will let you know when I get mine.

Griffin Technology: Charge Converter - Charge new iPod models with your existing chargers

Last edited by Alpiner; 11-06-2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Add URL
Old 11-09-2009, 03:48 PM
MPULSE

Originally Posted by Alpiner
Found this - been waiting for something like this since I bought my new 3Gs iPhone. The new 3G iPhones will not charge the iPhone through the regular iPod cable that comes with the G37. Search the internet for "firewire USB" if you wish to know why. Hoping this is the answer. I will let you know when I get mine.

Griffin Technology: Charge Converter - Charge new iPod models with your existing chargers
Good find. I have the same problem let us know if it works and if the G can recognize the ipod feature on our iphones with this fix.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:55 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kmp
Nope you're not missing anything. It just ask's for the first challange to pair. Then I figured that would be it. When I checked the phonebook I was amazed to see that it had all of my phone's entry's So, there was no second challange to transfer the phonebook like our cars want. That's why I think the Infiniti Engineers could talk to them and fix this situation. I was careful to check a stock phone and it worked too!
Hmmm, how strange. I don't know what to say then...
Old 12-17-2009, 01:24 PM
KCSKY7

Sorry, I should be picking up my G37S tomorrow, but I had a question. If we are an iPhone 3Gs user we wont be able to take advantage of the phonebook feature in our G? Can you still use the bluetooth call feature?
Old 12-17-2009, 01:31 PM
BocaIvan

No phonebook, but the phone works just fine.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:29 PM
ak47
Banned

my i phone is jail broken with the new software 3.2.1. still no charge were beat guys
Old 12-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Galarit

Scosche - Apple® iPod® USB Charging Adapter for Select Car Stereos - IFWA

I have the Scosche Car Adapter hooked on to my stock cable, works perfectly with latest firmware and charges. It's also a 3Gthough. Apple store had it for only $20 when I got it.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Al Infiniti

It seems that 2010 iphone connection is updated to USB, that means 5v charging for newer iphones or ipods. Prior to 2010 models comes with Firewire charging which is 12v and so the new Apple products will not charge. You will either need to get a charge adapter which step down the 12v to 5v and your phone or ipod will charge and pass on the digital information to your deck. Who's fault was this? Infiniti and Apple. While Apple changes from Firewire charging to USB and makes everyone who has older accessories suffer, Infiniti never bother to follow suit until the 2010 model.

I read somewhere that others cannot control Shuffle and Repeat with their ipod or phone connected to the deck. Yes, you can. Press the Repeat button on the CD player to cycle through the options.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Alpiner

Okay, received the charger. Works as advertised with my '08 G37 - it will charge my 3GS iPhone when it is connected to the cable supplied by Infiniti. Just want to make it clear that the 3GS iPhone always worked with the Infiniti cable - you would just get that annoying "airplane mode" screen (which you just say "No" to) and it worked just like an iPod through your nav system. So what does the charger get me? I still get the "airplane mode" screen but now my 3GS iPhone WILL charge through the iPod cable supplied by Infiniti. Drawbacks - charger doesn't seem to "click" securely into place like the supplied iPod cable (every now and then, it disconnects if I move my iPhone). Secondly, it adds another 3/4 inch to the end of the iPod connector - which makes it hard to store anywhere execpt maybe your center console minus tray. If you are like me and kept the center console cover on, it becomes problematic if you want to do anything with your iPhone. There is a way to have the cover closed and the iPhone dangling outside without "pinching" the iPod cable but that then causes issues with the charger disconnecting whenever you move the iPhone (as mentioned above). Thirdly?? When you connect the iPhone using the charger - you lose the ability to use the headphone jack output and the "AUX" input on the nav. Why is that important? For me, there are times when I like to use an internet radio app I have on the iPhone in my G37. Now, if I am charging my iPhone, I lose that capability. Just want to give you as much information as possible on the product.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alpiner
When you connect the iPhone using the charger - you lose the ability to use the headphone jack output and the "AUX" input on the nav. Why is that important? For me, there are times when I like to use an internet radio app I have on the iPhone in my G37. Now, if I am charging my iPhone, I lose that capability. Just want to give you as much information as possible on the product.
I use the Griffin adapter and Pandora on my iPhone and it works like a charm. No aux cable needed. Are you saying that your internet radio app only works from the aux port on your phone?

Others have mentioned it before, but I am getting the high pitch whine coming through my speakers when the adapter is on. I guess the resistors are really cheap that they use and start making line noise when they heat up. Squeezing the adapter actually changes the pitch of the noise. WEAK.