Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Remote Start & seat/wheel memory

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:14 PM
lofuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start & seat/wheel memory

I've seen a few threads on remote starters, but haven't come across this issue. If it's out there, kindly point me in the right direction.

I had my remote starter installed at the dealer by a NJ company called Zippo (sp?). It works great with the Intelligent Key. Problem is with the memory settings on the seat and wheel. I currently have them set to move back/up when I exit. When I use the remote starter, not only do the settings not work when I get in, once in, pressing any combination of 1 and 2 doesn't even work. Obvi, I can turn off the move-when-exit setting, but I like that feature. I would appreciate any thoughts or advice.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:51 AM
riceqx2

I inquired about a remote starter for my G37 at the dealer.
They told me 700.00, and that the same problem you describe would happen.
The way around it after the car has been remotely started, is to get in the car, shut the car off and re-start it the conventional way with the push-button starter. Its the only way to transfer the controlls (seat, memory) back to the car.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:34 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
titan TS 251A, alarm plus car started installed with TMS100 text to start modual. All installed was 1200ish. 900 with out the text to start. You do not have to tur the car off and back on once it is remote started. Just get in push the button twice with no brake and away you go.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:39 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
for the seat setting issue. I had this on the FX. I found that hitting the 1/2 button does not work. but if you get out the seat moves back and you exit and do your shopping or what ever. then you remote start. get in the car. hit the ignition button once and wait. the seat will go back to it last position then hit it the second time to get full control of the car.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:22 AM
daveinli

remote start G37

I had mine installed here on Long Island for $ 300
1500 foot range, takes 1 hour to install, all from passenger side under hood and passenger kick panel, company is Medford Long Island
anyone interested PM me

by the way, every accessory works, same as if you pushed the button
Old 11-15-2009, 12:22 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
tell me what happens when you do this:

1. remote start the car
2. use your key fob, not the door intelligent button and press unlock once before you get in

it might go into your settings or the remote start wasn't installed properly.

we install remote starts from the dealership about 30% of the cars that go out and they all go into the memory settings w/ the keys.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
lofuss

Da mayor, Thank you very much. I haven't tried your suggestion because I recently stumbled on a fix:

Remote start, use door button to unlock, close door, press Start/Stop once (to Acc stage). After 2 seconds, the seat and wheel go into place. It doesn't work with the door open.