Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

New sound system plans...what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Mixman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is what another member had to to to get either the DLS or the Dynaudio 3" to fit in the stock locations.... https://www.myg37.com/forums/2348597-post3.html
Old 08-19-2009, 05:19 PM
619G-ride

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ saw that post way back... good stuff. that started to give me ideas.

classy37 Any reason you prefer dynamat over the competition?
Second Skin has a good following. RAAMat is also a (much cheaper) alternative.

Well for one, the shop i work at carries Dynamat so its cheap and easy for me to get lol. As far as competition sound dampening materials, ive only used one other type (Hushmat). I absolutely hated the Hushmat. Very easy to use and install but nowhere near as good as Dynamat. IMO you really get what ya pay for in this industry. Dynamat has been in the industry the longest and i trust there product
Old 08-19-2009, 09:20 PM
InfiniDrew

Originally Posted by 619G-ride
once all product comes in i will be starting the thread with detailed pics of products and install. after completion i will also give my personal opinion and review on everything as well. here is the list (or whats planned so far)...
Audison Bit One Processor, Audison LRX 1.1K Amp (x2), Audison LRX 2.9 Amp (x2), Dynaudio Esotec 362 Comps (fronts), Dynaudio Esotec 222 Comps (rears), 12" Image Dynamics iDMax Subwoofer (x2), All Audison Connection Wires/Interconnects, Kinetik Batteries, and lots of Dynamat . Ok, sorry to thread jack! ttyl

That'll be an awesome setup once you get it in!!! Do you plan to put those LRx's in the spare tire well? I almost went with those amps since the Bit One is meant for those amps, but man are they hard to find! If I had the money, I'd go for those Thesis amps

Sow are you mounting your ID subs...are you going to go IB like Lou@Amplified or are you making an enclosure?

If you want to read this thread, both dillyyo and KahnQuistador have installed Dynaudio 362 into their cars. KahnQuistador attached pics towards the bottom of the first page and also on the second page of the thread. But he decided to put the tweeter into the mid's spot, then he put the mids into a custom kick. I think dillyyo just used the stock spots, but I'm not sure (still searching).

Lou@Amplified went the Morel Elate 3 way instead. I can't find any pics of his install, but he did say that he had to do some minor mods to make it fit in the stock locations too. So it seems that there is no real direct drop in speakers (that I can find and that sounds good). But a few mods aren't a big deal anyways.

As for me, I plan on modifying the tweeter sails. I'm thinking about taking out the stock sails and just fabricating something to mount the morel tweeters onto (they come with some housings for a surface mount install...so it gives me something to work with). I just hope I get sometime to get all of this in before I deploy in just over a month. I just might have to wait until I get back.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:39 PM
619G-ride

i have read and studied the threads you mentioned which is where i got my original idea from. as far as how i am going to set up the trunk, im unsure at this point. i work for a small car audio chain in san diego. myself and 2 other installers will draw up designs once the product comes in. i want to keep it very clean and contemporary. also need to keep the element of surprise . hopefully you can get your system done before you leave! mine will probably be a few months
Old 08-19-2009, 09:39 PM
619G-ride

and im for sure creating an enclosure for the ID! love that bass
Old 08-19-2009, 10:07 PM
InfiniDrew

Bit One is IMO the best product on the market. Ive installed several and it gives the best options for our vehicles. Seems like you know your product and what youre doin. my system will be started shortly. im also waiting for my product to get to the shop. Im goin Audison LRX amps, Bit One, Dynaudio throughout and Image Dynamic Subs. Good luck with the install!
I'm glad I started searching DSP's, because I almost went RF 3sixty.2 last week. But once I started searching, I have read nothing but praise for the Bit One...so I'm alrady glad I got it (even though I haven't really heard the difference yet). lol But the 3sixty.2 is no slouch either...

619G-ride - Even though it doesn't apply to me since I'm doing:

HU -->Bit One-->amps-->speakers

How does it work when you're just trying to use the stock stereo system with a Bit One? Should it go before or after the stock amp (in our case)? And if it goes after the amp, does it pass enough of the power through to the speakers? I had someone ask me, but I wasn't sure...
Old 08-20-2009, 05:46 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i have read and studied the threads you mentioned which is where i got my original idea from. as far as how i am going to set up the trunk, im unsure at this point. i work for a small car audio chain in san diego. myself and 2 other installers will draw up designs once the product comes in. i want to keep it very clean and contemporary. also need to keep the element of surprise . hopefully you can get your system done before you leave! mine will probably be a few months
Hey you work for an audio shop?? cool cool. I didn't know that

I see high end audio components mentioned on this post but im really surprised no one here mentioned ZAPCO. I love my DC REF amps with build in digital sound processors. Tuning and time alignment adjustments just got more fun with them via my laptop

If you guys are using the stock bose system, don't forget the speaker outputs are line balanced and is only putting out 1.5 volts per output as suppose to aftermarket HU outputs are typically 5 to 6 volts
Old 08-20-2009, 07:15 PM
InfiniDrew

I looked at Zapco, but since I'm going to use the Bit One, I don't need the extra adjustments that they offer. My biggest concern is using decent amps that won't take up much room in the process...so I'm hoping these JL Audio HD's will fit the bill. I am still looking at other amps to be sure, but I think these will be fine for now. If not, I'll have to swap them out with something else.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:49 PM
619G-ride

Audison Bit One smokes the RF 360. ive used both products and its a night and day difference. so glad you got the Bit One instead. the JL HD amps have a very small footprint so space should not be an issue at all for ya.
As far as set up goes... Stock HU>Bit One>Amps>Speakers/Subs, i thiink that was your question?

and to Lou... always gotta keep some surprises . been in the industry now for 4 years or so. need any installers? lol. i did forget to mention zapco but there are tons of high end brands i didnt mention. Zapco, Braxx, Rainbow, Morel, Hurtz, Audison, Dynaudio... list goes on a bit more. The Audison Bit One processor and LRX amps can all be dialed in via laptop too. Such an impressive program and endless options for tuning. Once completed ill try to stop by your shop or stop by a show. Heard you got quite the set up yourself!
Old 08-22-2009, 06:03 PM
InfiniDrew

yay! I just got the Bit One in the mail!!!! Now I need the rest! But first, (I got a little side tracked) I'll be waiting for a different type of sound...I just ordered an Injen CAI which should be here next week.