Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help iPhone mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 06:39 PM
dave47292

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone mount

I just got my G a couple of weeks ago and wondering if anyone had a working mount (or other solution) for their iPhone/iPod that sat somewhere on or around the center console (I was thinking maybe something that fit into the left cup holder).
<O</O

It would be nice to securely clip your phone, plug in, and drive off. It would be especially nice for when you get texts or when apple finally gets an app with turn by turn directions (I don't have nav). I know a lot of people just put there phone in/on top of the cup holder, but I want to be able to look down and see it without it flying around when I turn.<O</O
<O</O

I tried a few out from the apple store, but they were all made for windows and relied on suction cups which don’t grip the dimpled bottom of the cup holder. I know I could glue something down in there, but I'm a little hesitant to glue anything in my brand new car. <O</O
<O</O

I looked through most of the treads and a search didn't turn anything up. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.<O</O
Old 07-28-2009, 06:47 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...unt-setup.html

your welcome!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:35 PM
GNLuver

Check out my pro-clip install for a Greddy Informeter here...I am selling the mount and it is designed for an ipod or iphone.

There is a link to the manufacturer so you can check it out.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Bahoni
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
This is what I did while ago. It still works well.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...n-for-g37.html

You can also purchase this, connect to your factory ipod cable and then mount it inside storage under arm rest:
http://scosche.com/products/sfID1/21...productID/1695

I know that these setups wont allow you to see your iphone while you are driving but it keeps your phone hidden away from evil eyes when you have to leave your car for a quick stop.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 AM
dave47292

Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh
Nice idea, but I have premium and the cord wont reach that far....
Old 07-29-2009, 11:07 AM
dave47292

Originally Posted by Bahoni
This is what I did while ago. It still works well.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...n-for-g37.html

You can also purchase this, connect to your factory ipod cable and then mount it inside storage under arm rest:
http://scosche.com/products/sfID1/21...productID/1695

I know that these setups wont allow you to see your iphone while you are driving but it keeps your phone hidden away from evil eyes when you have to leave your car for a quick stop.
This is very clever, but it still doesn't fix the issue of text messages and/or turn by turn GPS. I'm planning on getting a Griffin Charge Converter no matter what I do (it seems a little less bulky than the scosche). As for prying eyes, I always take my phone with me when I get out of the car so it would just be a holder visible.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:59 PM
FlState

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why 2 smiley faces after each paragraph? IMAO
Originally Posted by dave47292
I just got my G a couple of weeks ago and wondering if anyone had a working mount (or other solution) for their iPhone/iPod that sat somewhere on or around the center console (I was thinking maybe something that fit into the left cup holder).
<o></o>

It would be nice to securely clip your phone, plug in, and drive off. It would be especially nice for when you get texts or when apple finally gets an app with turn by turn directions (I don't have nav). I know a lot of people just put there phone in/on top of the cup holder, but I want to be able to look down and see it without it flying around when I turn.<o></o>
<o></o>

I tried a few out from the apple store, but they were all made for windows and relied on suction cups which don’t grip the dimpled bottom of the cup holder. I know I could glue something down in there, but I'm a little hesitant to glue anything in my brand new car. <o></o>
<o></o>

I looked through most of the treads and a search didn't turn anything up. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.<o></o>
Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 AM
dave47292

I'm really not sure why that happened. I posted from my work computer and I can't see them, but when I got home I was like what the hell....
Old 09-18-2009, 08:59 PM
charlesdc54

proclip

I am using brackets that slip between the face and side of the dash. They are at www.ProClipUSA.com. The only problem is you can't use i-tunes and the factroy cable. The phone can still be charged with a standard charger cable plug into the console or the lighter. I don't like the phone in the console because I can't see my alerts and etc. I will be splicing the cable so i can do both.
Attached Thumbnails iPhone mount-p1020328.jpg  
Old 09-18-2009, 10:17 PM
sbmwg37s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is that a new type of a computer virus or something?