Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

iPod Touch into Bose System

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:58 AM
g37brad
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod Touch into Bose System

Just a few questions regarding playing music from the iPod Touch into the Bose System. I have the connecting cord, so I'm going to try it out tomorrow. What kbps, do I need to d/l music to get to be CD Quality? When using the connecting cables, will the music sound just as good as a cd in the car?

Also for those of you with videos/movies on your iPod's are you able to watch them on the screen while driving/parked? How is the quality?

Last but not least...has anyone tried used Pandora while driving/parked? I know if you are able to pick up a Wifi signal you can essentially use it, but just not sure if anyone has used it in the car. I know people with iPhones use it to litsen to music, just not sure if its able to be used in the car.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Sytrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g37brad
Just a few questions regarding playing music from the iPod Touch into the Bose System. I have the connecting cord, so I'm going to try it out tomorrow. What kbps, do I need to d/l music to get to be CD Quality? When using the connecting cables, will the music sound just as good as a cd in the car?

Also for those of you with videos/movies on your iPod's are you able to watch them on the screen while driving/parked? How is the quality?

Last but not least...has anyone tried used Pandora while driving/parked? I know if you are able to pick up a Wifi signal you can essentially use it, but just not sure if anyone has used it in the car. I know people with iPhones use it to litsen to music, just not sure if its able to be used in the car.
I was not able to see video, if anyone figure out, I would like to know too.

I was able to use Pandora with no issue. Pretty damn perfect.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Mike S.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g37brad

Hey Brad:
I have a tuch in my car. Here is what I know (or think I know..lol)

1. Since itunes became "itunes +", newely downloaded music is now 256kb, where it used to be 128kb. In itunes, you can "upgarde" the songs you've bought for like 30 cents each. Playing through my bose, songs sound great..maybe a smidge less than a CD, but really nice. Don't forget, a lot of it depends on the original recording. I've got some songs from the 60's that sound worse than high quality jazz/pop records (sintra, etc.) made in the 50's!

2. CD's that I've imported to itunes have been done at 320kb (the highest setting). There are a few options in itunes for encoding the music, but I think all are pretty much the same. Some don't compress very much and you end up with huge files...basically defeating the point of importing of songs.

3. Video won't play through the data cable. You need to plug it into red/white/yellow patch cords and use the "aux" setting on the Bose.

4. I haven't tried Pandora (i do have it on my touch), but I'm sure it would work. An iPhone would probably be better as you could drive around and stream Pandora.

As an FYI, sometimes my touch/bose interace is a bit goofy. Like, if you find an artist, then album, then song...and play the song...life is good. But now hit the back button to get to the album, and back again to get to the artists....if you start scrolling the artists and try to select a new one..it won't work. You need to back up futher again to the main screen (artist/genere/playlist, etc.) and re-click artist and choose your new one. Minor inconvience. I think its an ipod fault and not a bose/infiniti fault. The itouch is not perfect.