Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Which Bluetooth Phones work the best?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 AM
sneather

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Bluetooth Phones work the best?

We just bought an '09 G, and while it pairs fine with our Nokia phones, it certainly lacks in all other functionality. The Infiniti Bluetooth site says that we can't transfer the entire phonebook, from one of the handsets. Also, it says that call-waiting is a "NA". This seems like quite a let-down. What good is the hands-free, if you still have to fumble around with everything on the phone, and can't even take a second incoming call?

I haven't seen much of a difference, in studying the Infiniti list, between any phone's compatibility with the car. Does anyone know of a phone model which works the best with the vehicle?

Thanks, so much!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:13 PM
sneather

Any input? What do most of you do, in regards to making your phones work the best with the car?
Old 06-23-2009, 03:03 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This may help:

http://www.infinitiusa.com/bluetooth/find.html
Old 06-23-2009, 03:28 PM
lmulion03

Had the same problem. Basically, if its not on that list, then it won't function to its fullest capability. Had an old Palm Treo - could receive and send calls, but couldn't transfer phone book,etc...Bought an LG and everything is just fine now.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:44 PM
eddyjai

i didnt have any problem at all. I think it is because i have an LG DARE and it is listed on there website as full capability.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:04 PM
PureNick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every single function works with my Sprint Instinct and HTC Mogul except for the cell phone reception that displays on the screen. The battery shows though.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:06 PM
sneather

As I had said in my first post, I already know about the Infiniti Bluetooth sub-site. But that's where the confusion starts. I have yet to read about a single phone which works, completely, with the handsfree system.

eddyjai - your Dare isn't listed as working with full phonebook transfer, nor call waiting. Have you made those features work on your car? Also, what year do you have, and does Nav make a difference? We don't have that option on our '09.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:10 PM
sneather

Thanks for all the replies.

PureNick - I just checked, and your Sprint HTC phone also has "NA" listed for call-waiting and full phonebook transfer. I guess it's a crapshoot, whether NA will mean yes or no, with any given phone?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:57 PM
sebounet

I have an HTC touch, and it's impossible to put the whole phone listing from the phone to the car . Non navi version.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:10 PM
sneather

How about things like caller ID showing up on the car's screen, or being able to access a second incoming call with call waiting? Do those features work?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i have yet to hear of a cell phone that has call waiting working through bluetooth -- my call waiting will beep -- but pushing the "talk" button won't flash over.. i have to press the talk button on the phone itself to flash over.

I have a BB Curve 8330 Sprint

My wife has a LG Rumor (first gen) paired with her G (same BT in the 2k8 as the 2k9) and it does the same thing.

Both work fine and are very clear, no phonebook transfers on either phone. Never have issues with dropped bluetooth connectivity.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:37 PM
sneather

Thanks, PeterUbers. That brings up another question I have. You said that you can press the "talk" button on the phone, in order to access the second call. Does that mean that you can still control other features, from the phone, while hooked-up to the car? In other words, if I don't go to all the trouble of adding phone book contacts, one-by-one (seems like a real pain), can I simply scroll through them on the phone, select a number I want, then hit "dial" on the car? Or the phone? Does this work? Or, is the ONLY way to dial a number, through the voice commands?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:11 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sneather
Thanks, PeterUbers. That brings up another question I have. You said that you can press the "talk" button on the phone, in order to access the second call. Does that mean that you can still control other features, from the phone, while hooked-up to the car? In other words, if I don't go to all the trouble of adding phone book contacts, one-by-one (seems like a real pain), can I simply scroll through them on the phone, select a number I want, then hit "dial" on the car? Or the phone? Does this work? Or, is the ONLY way to dial a number, through the voice commands?
You still have full control of the phone functions while it's connected to the car's bluetooth.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:26 PM
sneather

Again, excuse me for asking questions about topics I can test, first hand. But my wife has the car today, so I'm just building up some info.

If I wish to dial a number - from the phone - through the car's BT system. How do I go about that? Do I find the number on the phone, then hit the talk button on the steering wheel? Or, do I have to hit the talk button on the phone, at the same time?

What are the steps needed?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had an LG Dare and it was PERFECT with the G's system.... then switched to an Iphone and life went into the toilet.

Quick Reply: Which Bluetooth Phones work the best?