Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Which Bluetooth Phones work the best?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:02 PM
brynomon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an older AT&T tilt which utilizes Windows Mobile 6.1. Bluetooth functionality is great. Bluetooth is a communications protocol. In other words it simply defines how information is sent from one end point to another. What provides the capability of sending different types of information over the bluetooth protocol from one device to another are applications including phone operating system. Windows Mobile 6 - 6.1 does not provide any complete phonebook transfer over bluetooth functionality. However some third party applications can provide this functionality. There are similar problems with the Acura's, lexus, and etc... The capability of sending an individual contact is handled by the Windows Mobile contacts application that is part of the OS. Microsoft would have to add the complete phone book transfer functionality into the contact application that is part of Windows Mobile 6.1.

My voice control, call waiting, and etc... works fine. Hopefully this will help some people understand why HTC Windows Mobile devices do not send whole address books and other phones do. There are no standards in place for this type of functionality between different mobile devices.

I haven't tried an app I found yet but will do so soon. Check this URL:

Jetware App/

Last edited by brynomon; 07-14-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added link to third party app for Windows Mobile
Old 07-15-2009, 03:34 PM
the.tarzan

This is weird because I have a HTC touch and in my previous car, I had a Pionner DEH-P7100BT and I could transfer the complete phonebook over bluetooth at once. But in the G37, I can only download it one by one.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 PM
brynomon

I'm about to try out that app. Where did you go to transfer the whole phonebook. I've never seen any type of capability for it and there are countless posts around the internet on the subject and how much it sucks using Windows Mobile with bluetooth in cars.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
brynomon

Everyone, I was able to successfully use the Jetware app to download my complete address book or select categories with no problems what so ever. I totally recommend this product.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:52 PM
tjlskyline

I have a palm pre and it pairs for crap. Real patchy not a good match at all. My Treo paired up fine. Disappointed to say the least.