Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

raindrops on back up camera

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:09 AM
iLlmAtIc21390

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glass Science Rain clear is the best to use. I apply it to my camera and the rain just runs right off. No biggie really.

You think water is something? Try having someone put a Dole Fruitstand sticker over your backup camera while being parked in the parking lot at a grocery store. It's happened to me already lol....
Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by iLlmAtIc21390
You think water is something? Try having someone put a Dole Fruitstand sticker over your backup camera while being parked in the parking lot at a grocery store. It's happened to me already lol....
LMFAO thats classic.

Im gonna do this to people at a meet tonight hahahah
Old 05-19-2009, 01:44 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glass Science Rain clear is the best to use. I apply it to my camera and the rain just runs right off. No biggie really.

That is hillarious
Old 05-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I used to have my Trunk Monkey jump out and wipe it off for me but the little bastard found out that it wasn't in his contract and quit doing it unless I agreed to pay him extra and give him benefits and a pension.

He's UAW.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:03 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HAHAHAH!

To the OP, put some RAIN-X on there, the rain will slide right off.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:16 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I used to have my Trunk Monkey jump out and wipe it off for me but the little bastard found out that it wasn't in his contract and quit doing it unless I agreed to pay him extra and give him benefits and a pension.

He's UAW.
I love those Trunk Monkey commercials!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y
Old 05-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Foresite

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Turn your neck so your head faces backwards and look.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:54 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

^ theres no rear window wiper either.. and normally wen its pouring ran the last thing i want to do is run out to wipe the little camera.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:29 PM
QuickSilver08

Wow. I wonder how I've ever backed up any other vehicle I've ever ever driven in the pouring rain without looking through the mirrors/back glass. Learn to drive folks. The back up camera is a nifty little gadget but people have become to dependent on technology to save their ***'s instead of actually learning to drive. That's why my trailer has two bent in sides because some chick backed out of a spot and smashed it. Claimed her back up indicators didn't come on in time. Just turn around and look and use your mirrors.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
For all you "learn to drive" and "look behind you" posters, where the hell did the OP indicate that he doesn't already do that??? Get a grip. I always look behind me and use my mirrors, but if you have a damn back up camera as well (ours is fantastic BTW) it's a great extra tool to make it easier and safer. Mirrors and head turning doesn't help you in packing up close to a low object or show you what might be on the ground behind you up close. All he asked was if someone had a way to help keep raindrops from obscuring it. Of course he knows he can wipe it off but who the hell wants to get out in the rain to do that???
Old 05-19-2009, 07:33 PM
QuickSilver08

Originally Posted by STOOF
Mine gets like that once in awhile, i just grab a napkin and hop out and wipe it.
Originally Posted by Retromoe
I easily just wipe it off with a cloth i have in the trunk, How often do you reverse? lol
Originally Posted by SFG37S
Non getting wet back up plan= The old fashioned way.............Use the mirrors! I jump out and blot myself. Time for a new mod, Camera wiper!
Of course he knows he can wipe it off but who the hell wants to get out in the rain to do that???
Looks like a few people. And unless someone does come out with a little wiper or a midget strapped to the trunk about the only way your gonna be able to solve the problem is to wipe it off. Wax/rain-x/polish/etc. is just a band-aid and may or may not work. Wiping is the only sure fire way.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:56 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Rain-x ftw
Old 05-20-2009, 12:11 AM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For all you "learn to drive" and "look behind you" posters, where the hell did the OP indicate that he doesn't already do that??? Get a grip. I always look behind me and use my mirrors, but if you have a damn back up camera as well (ours is fantastic BTW) it's a great extra tool to make it easier and safer. Mirrors and head turning doesn't help you in packing up close to a low object or show you what might be on the ground behind you up close. All he asked was if someone had a way to help keep raindrops from obscuring it. Of course he knows he can wipe it off but who the hell wants to get out in the rain to do that???
BB Thank you for being so understanding.. being that i have the camera i like to look at it while backing up to make sure im not hitting anything.. it just gets raindrops on it and i cant see.. didnt mean to make this a huge debate on who knows how to drive and what not.. the g has many blind spots, and it is hard to see whats behind you without the camera (at least for me being 6'6" this is true.. )
Old 05-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
i use rain-x...works wonders!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
06mtg35

I used rain-x it worked!

Quick Reply: raindrops on back up camera