Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Using Bluetooth to send additional digits - trouble

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:56 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Using Bluetooth to send additional digits - trouble

I'm trying to send additional digits to the local Smartraveller traffic service and can't seem to get it to work. On my cell phone I have it all programmed with pauses so I just need to speed dial it to get to the right route. From the car Bluetooth system, I can't use pauses in the car's phonebook so I store only the main phone number. Once it's connected, I hit the Talk button and the system asks me what I want to dial. I speak the digits and see them on the screen, then hit enter, but the digits don't get sent out. The manual isn't much help. Has anyone figured this out?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Nevermind. I just spoke to Infiniti's Tech Support (they're great, BTW), and they confirmed that my phone, the LG Env2 (VX9100), failed this test when they tested it where it won't send tones from the car over bluetooth. It wasn't enough to mark the phone as incompatible.

Basically when I'm connected on a call and then go to send the extra digits the car sends them, the phone sees them and shows the dialed digits on the phone's display, but doesn't pass the tones over bluetooth. I was trying to see if there was a setting in the phone to change this behavior but didn't find any so I guess I'll just have to live with it for now.

And as noted, Infiniti's support was excellent. The tech went off, investigated my issue, and called back within an hour.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:59 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sorry that didn't work out for you ... bluetooth is such a buggy technology isn't it? My wife's LG Rumor was always hanging up her phone call when another call came in on call waiting .. and not only could she not switch over to the new caller, but her current call would be hung up...

I recent did an upgrade from the phone's system menu (the LG Rumor's system menu) and it took about 15 minutes to update from the Sprint server and now she won't lose her phone call when a new call comes in .. and she can hit the green button on the phone itself to switch over to the new caller --

perhaps you can update your phone to see if LG has updated the issue .. LG is really good about putting updates out for their phones bi-annually
Old 05-18-2009, 06:12 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Yes, I tried a S/W update from the phone's menu and it said there aren't any, but then again Verizon controls these updates. I send a note to LG's product support to see if they have a fix. Worst case I'll be up for a phone upgrade in about 6 months.

And about Call Waiting, this phone is listed in Infiniti's list as not supporting it either, but I haven't yet experienced what happens if that scenario occurs.