Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Where is the Compass on the G37

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 03:22 PM
timcodon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti does thing very strange. I'm upset myself that there is actually & *really* *NO Compass* in my G37 Sedan /w Premium & Navigation. The car with this so much postitive things to talk about, and lacking a tiny compass, even though it may be a duplicate of a compass in the Navigation, Infiniti should *not* take it out. Yes, I have Navi, but No I don't use / look at the Navi all the time. Half the time I turned it off, when I drive in my own town. And So I can't see my NSEW directions any more...And yet, Infinity chooses to have two clocks: one digital on the screen, plus one analog clock. And why not dual compass? one on mirror, and one in Navi? This is another small ennoying thing. Like others, I have been tryig to look for a compass for the past few weeks, and can't find it any where. Until today, I read much more in the Optional pkgs, it says if only Premium, you have a compass, if both Premium + Navi, then you lose the compass. I assume we have a compass in Navi screen, which I only use 20% of the time for fun...
Old 05-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So if you are familiar enough with the town that you dont drive around with the nav on, wouldnt you be familiar enough to know what direction you are going?
Old 05-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by atag012
1000% Trust me I know lol. It has legit everything possible except for tech package.
If you have a 1000% legit fully loaded G, then its there, sounds more like a salesmen told you it was fully loaded, but it wasn't. Or for some reason, they switched the mirrors out for a base one.

Do you have garage door openers on your visor? If not, I think you got swindled by them saying fully loaded.

But just FYI, the "Premium" package is what gives you the compass mirror. I'd look at your window sitcker, and if its says Premium Package, but you still don't find the Compass Mirror, its time to head back to the dealership for some explaining. If the window sticker doesn't have Premium Package, then you manage to find some rare model that has NAV, but no Premium.

I know you can get a Sports package without the premium, but I would have assumed you'd have to get the Premium to then step up and get NAV.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:32 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have an 08 with a broken homelink. had the car for over a year now and infiniti and homelink still have not fixed it. i like using the compass on the mirror more than nav also. its just easier to look at. plus you already look at your mirrors like 8 times every 5 min while driving, so why not have it in both places.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:41 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an 08 Coupe (prem,sport,nav,tech,4was) with the compass in the rear view mirror. I looked at the window sticker and it says right on the sticker for my 2008 that if the car has NAV, then it deletes the rear view mirror compass, so I am guessing that all of us that have 2008's with compass mirrors aren't supposed to have that feature, since my window sticker clearly says that NAV deletes that feature. Honestly, the compass in the mirror is an annoyance, especially when driving at night.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:55 PM
cflury

Originally Posted by Graham
If you have a 1000% legit fully loaded G, then its there, sounds more like a salesmen told you it was fully loaded, but it wasn't. Or for some reason, they switched the mirrors out for a base one.

Do you have garage door openers on your visor? If not, I think you got swindled by them saying fully loaded.

But just FYI, the "Premium" package is what gives you the compass mirror. I'd look at your window sitcker, and if its says Premium Package, but you still don't find the Compass Mirror, its time to head back to the dealership for some explaining. If the window sticker doesn't have Premium Package, then you manage to find some rare model that has NAV, but no Premium.

I know you can get a Sports package without the premium, but I would have assumed you'd have to get the Premium to then step up and get NAV.
Nope not on the '09 if you have Nav. Check the fine print on the webpage and the sticker.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:49 PM
JerZeyFiNeSt

i have an 09 g37 premium + nav and i dont have it..
Old 09-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Pip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Compass!

Originally Posted by atag012
I just leased a brand new 09 g37s fully loaded and there is no compass. Wtf I thought i read somewhere it was on the Rearview Mirror, but its not there, not on my car at least.?!?!!?
I'm driving into the setting sun right now and I can't see the compass on my mirror to know what direction I'm going. Oh wait! Does the sun set in the west?