Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

having some trouble with voice controls and nav

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 04:37 PM
demarco5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
having some trouble with voice controls and nav

3 questions so far about the new car

1.) how do i change its "home" setting on the navigation, its set to michigan address i need that changed to NJ

2.) when i click the talk button it says only navi or telephone.....i thought i could do climate and audio controls with this also????????

3.) when i use the navi and search for a restaurant its not finding them well and only showing the first 5 results, if the restaurant is not in the first 5 then im screwed?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:43 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1) Have you checked the manual?

2) Yes.

3) Sometimes
Old 04-09-2009, 04:45 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

If you want full NAV controls you will have to buy my car or an early build just like it. Infiniti dumbed down the voice controls......sorry.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by demarco5
3 questions so far about the new car

1.) how do i change its "home" setting on the navigation, its set to michigan address i need that changed to NJ

2.) when i click the talk button it says only navi or telephone.....i thought i could do climate and audio controls with this also????????

3.) when i use the navi and search for a restaurant its not finding them well and only showing the first 5 results, if the restaurant is not in the first 5 then im screwed?
Don't remember about #1 and #3, but off the top of my head, you don't have full audio controls. They were stripped down in the '08 model and have not returned. Only very early '08 models (lucky owners) have the full audio controls. Look for full audio controls in 2010 or later models...

Users guide/manual will have the answer to the others...
Old 04-09-2009, 05:12 PM
saltfish

off the top of my head...to change the home address

Setting --> Navigation --> Address Book then there should be an option there to edit home address.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:55 PM
mrbond

Just to add to what everyone else said:

1) saltfish is right; this is where you would go to change your home address, or any other address's you have saved. just click on which address you wish to change.
2)what the others were saying about the stripped down controls is true unfortunately.
you can still command some of the climate/audio though, kinda. you can turn on/off the climate control as well as turn on/off the audio and pick the source of music(ipod, satellite radio, cd, etc.) with the voice commands.
3)if your moving while doing a search for nearby places, the list will only display the first five. you'd have to stop to scroll through the whole list, kinda sucks. infiniti has it this way b/c of "safety reasons", much like all the other grayed out areas of the system you cant access while driving. there are ways around this however.