Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

True or Dealer BS - Bluetooth, NAVI, Audio unit replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 07:07 PM
COMark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True or Dealer BS - Bluetooth, NAVI, Audio unit replacement

Need some help please. I've had problems w/bluetooth since my 08 G37 was new. Dealer said they needed to replace the unit. I know there's a thread here someplace that talks about defective units.

Here's my questions >
Dealer told me it's an integrated all in one unit. Bluetooth, Music Box, Audio, & NAV. You can't just replace the bluetooth module. True or False???

Dealer finally got the correct unit for my car in, after 3 mistakes and 3 time wasting trips to the store. Supposedly the unit has now been replaced. And I'm having the same bluetooth problems.

After poking around some settings I'm wondering if the unit really was replaced. If it's an all in one thing, I would have expected to have to have to reload my CD's. They're all still there. I'd also expect to not see call logs from last summer. Should be a blank slate if it's a new unit, right? If it's a new bluetooth module. My phone should not still be paired to it. New = blank slate. All my audio presets are still there. Again, new unit = blank slate right?

Am I getting jerked around here? Or do they have the ability to move all the stored settings, logs, data from one unit to another?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:33 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by COMark
Need some help please. I've had problems w/bluetooth since my 08 G37 was new. Dealer said they needed to replace the unit. I know there's a thread here someplace that talks about defective units.

Here's my questions >
Dealer told me it's an integrated all in one unit. Bluetooth, Music Box, Audio, & NAV. You can't just replace the bluetooth module. True or False???

Dealer finally got the correct unit for my car in, after 3 mistakes and 3 time wasting trips to the store. Supposedly the unit has now been replaced. And I'm having the same bluetooth problems.

After poking around some settings I'm wondering if the unit really was replaced. If it's an all in one thing, I would have expected to have to have to reload my CD's. They're all still there. I'd also expect to not see call logs from last summer. Should be a blank slate if it's a new unit, right? If it's a new bluetooth module. My phone should not still be paired to it. New = blank slate. All my audio presets are still there. Again, new unit = blank slate right?

Am I getting jerked around here? Or do they have the ability to move all the stored settings, logs, data from one unit to another?
i think it is true that all it is integrated and that why when you buy the tech package it all comes together and the reason your still have all your old stuff is cause its saved on the harddrive. im just stating what i knwo but i might be wrong but hopeuflly more people chime in
Old 03-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Obviously if your CDs in your music box are still on the hard drive it hasn't been replaced unless they went out and purchased them all and ripped them back on the new drive for you. Obviously it hasnt been replaced. Smells like BS to me. Ask them how all your music happens to be back on a brand new drive and see what their explanation is. If they blatantly lied to you about replacing it I would have a talk with your service manager, general manager, and then Infiniti corporate consumer relations in that order until I got some satisfaction.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I can believe that it is integrated.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:40 PM
gtracing

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i think they just replaced the radio unit (which includes ur navi and bluetooth, etc)....and probably saved ur old harddrive...which is where all ur info would be saved (including phone logs, and songs)....i doubt the dealership is bs'ing u...they have no reason to bs u....
Old 03-01-2009, 10:57 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gtracing
i think they just replaced the radio unit (which includes ur navi and bluetooth, etc)....and probably saved ur old harddrive...which is where all ur info would be saved (including phone logs, and songs)....i doubt the dealership is bs'ing u...they have no reason to bs u....
thats what i guess but you can never be too sure. some people are shady
Old 03-01-2009, 11:31 PM
gtracing

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
thats what i guess but you can never be too sure. some people are shady
sorry, didn't read the other posts, just read the first one...

but if the dealership was to say that they fixed something, and actually didn't, they could get sued for that...