Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Guys with valentine one radar

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 12:05 PM
nestle_!9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys with valentine one radar

so i got my valentine one ,, still on its way , and since this is my first radar detector, i am not really familiar with these kind of devices.

I'm Doing some research about it , and I read that the valentine has some problems with false warnings.

The solution? = make some changes with the settings of the bands and other stuff ,You know what I mean,, The X band , and so fourth.

I just started this Thread to make sure Ill do the right thing. What setting is the best? Is it wise to turn the X band off? What did you do with yours?

Btw, I live in SOCAL (san diego) and will be driving to vegas next month.

Thank you guys for your help --- its truely appreciated.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:26 PM
G37RacerX

Here's a link to a hard to find page on the V1 site that explains how to "reprogram" the V1.
Reprogram Valentine One
It's not in the owners manual. I've used it to set mine up so that it "false alarms" a whole lot less...
On line 1, I've disabled the X band entirely as it's an old frequency the police no longer use, at least not where I live, & that stops a ALOT of false alarms right there.
On line 4, I've also completely disabled laser detection as the laser waves never give any advance warning like radar does, it's too focused on one car at a time so by the time you hear the "laser" alert you are already being clocked, you'll only get an advance notice that you're about to be pulled over if your going too fast. I did seem to get false laser alerts once in a while and my old dash mounted Garmin navigation unit would also set off the laser alert I figured out.
I also set up the K band to remain silent unless the signal lasted for more than 30 seconds OR increased to more than four leds on the signal strength meter. The display still lights up to show a signal is being received, just no noise... With K band set up like this, the only time I have to listen to it is when I'm waiting at an intersection rather than driving right by it. Then, all those door sensors, infrared? alarm sensors and other goodies at local businesses that cause so many false alarms will cause it to finally beep but only when I'm not moving thru the area without delay.
I left the KA band alone because that's what the law mostly uses around here (central California) and KA hardly ever sounds off unless it's the real deal. I think most of the false KA signals I do occasionally receive are generated by other POS detectors in other peoples cars.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:32 PM
nestle_!9

I also set up the K band to remain silent unless the signal lasted for more than 30 seconds OR increased to more than four leds on the signal strength meter. The display still lights up to show a signal is being received, just no noise... With K band set up like this, the only time I have to listen to it is when I'm waiting at an intersection rather than driving right by it. Then, all those door sensors, infrared? alarm sensors and other goodies at local businesses that cause so many false alarms will cause it to finally beep but only when I'm not moving thru the area without delay.

sir how do you do this then ? what about here in so cal? do the still use the X band?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Arbidoannomia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need an advice!

Moderator please move this thread from "https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/191376-guys-with-valentine-one-radar.html#post2559173" into right category on myg37.com

What is a good amount to borrow when applying for an auto loan online?
I'm about to apply for an auto loan online at http://pcarrs.cn/apply-auto-loan.html
I am not sure what amount to ask for or loan term. I can afford $250-$300 a month.

Any ideas?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Airborne Guy

I've been a V1 owner for 11 years and I never knew about this feature...FML.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM
QuickSilver08

Around here they use k, ka, and laser so I think I'm just gonna leave mine programmed the way it is.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:41 PM
G37RacerX

Originally Posted by nestle_!9
sir how do you do this then ? what about here in so cal? do the still use the X band?
When you get the detector, click the link below and you should be able to figure it out.
Reprogram Valentine One < LINK

As far as the X band is concerned, IMO it's such ancient technology, no police department uses it anymore. I'm sure it's not used in any major city in Cali, (I live in Cali too). You can always leave it on for a few drives to see just how much difference it will make. Might as well do the same before you make any changes so you can appreciate the difference reprogramming does for you...