Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

IPod Interface Main Menu Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 PM
cullan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IPod Interface Main Menu Issue

I've seen this issue mentioned before between posts of other problems. However, I haven't really seen a solution posted for this particular issue. It always seems to go unanswered.

I have an IPod Classic 4th Gen. It works great when hooked up to the interface in the car.

When I leave the car and come back hours later it resumes play where I left off. That's great. BUT... it is always back at the main menu. This is really irritating when you are wanting to see the other songs on the album. I shouldn't have to go back through all the artists and then re-choose the album again should I?

This is not a battery dying issue. It resumes play so it can't be that.

It is not a firmware issue. It is fully up to date.

Does everyone else have this same issue? Is it just a flaw in the interface software design? Did the developer really not think to check which song is "Now Playing" and then set the default artist and album in the list?

Am I just being too picky? I don't think so. It seems like the interface works pretty much just like an IPod in most other ways.

Any reasonable feedback is appreciated.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:30 PM
bfranks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the way the interface works. It's insanely annoying. You don't even have to turn the car off. Try just switching to radio and back....same thing. There is no way around it unfortunately.

Last edited by bfranks; 12-19-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:48 PM
cullan

Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one who finds it annoying. Maybe if it didn't take so damn long to scroll through artists etc. I wouldn't hate it so much.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:01 PM
bfranks

There are a few methods to speed up artists searches. Do a search for "genre method".
Old 12-19-2008, 05:26 PM
t-bone1924

Originally Posted by cullan
When I leave the car and come back hours later it resumes play where I left off. That's great. BUT... it is always back at the main menu. This is really irritating when you are wanting to see the other songs on the album. I shouldn't have to go back through all the artists and then re-choose the album again should I?
Try pressing the "Back" button on the dash after the ipod resumes playing where it left off--I think it may work to get back to the listing of songs on the album without having to re-choose the album again.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:24 PM
cullan

Originally Posted by t-bone1924
Try pressing the "Back" button on the dash after the ipod resumes playing where it left off--I think it may work to get back to the listing of songs on the album without having to re-choose the album again.
Unfortunately this doesn't work... at least with mine it doesn't. I had to double-check to make sure I wasn't complaining about nothing.

It looks like we just have a case of poorly written software.