Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Video out with iphone 3g

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:44 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, it does say iPhone 3G V2.0 /iPhone/iPod on the title....

I actually don't care whether it charges or not, I just want the video part to work.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:46 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm running 2.2 with no problems.

the cable will not charge if just plugged into RCA's obviously, as RCA's do not transmit power.

however, if you have an inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter with a USB connector on it, then you can plug the USB from that cable in and get power.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:48 PM
finagle69

that last one must be labeled incorrectly. they show RED WHITE YELLOW but call it component. they should be called composite.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:38 PM
antimatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since you all are on the topic, i had previously posted a thread about something similar.

anyone know if it'd be possible to slice together the car ipod cable and an ipod composite cable? this way you can have the ipod control, aux audio video, (pandora, last fm, which what would be even cooler is to display the damn iphone screen so u can see everything on ur monitor), and charge the iphone without having to get a stupid adaptor to get rid of the not compatible message.

wouldn't that be nice? i thought it'd be cool to have some kind of holster up by the ashtray that could maybe be just a modded dock with the cables running stealth underneath the center console.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:58 PM
finagle69

Originally Posted by antimatter
since you all are on the topic, i had previously posted a thread about something similar.

anyone know if it'd be possible to slice together the car ipod cable and an ipod composite cable? this way you can have the ipod control, aux audio video, (pandora, last fm, which what would be even cooler is to display the damn iphone screen so u can see everything on ur monitor), and charge the iphone without having to get a stupid adaptor to get rid of the not compatible message.

wouldn't that be nice? i thought it'd be cool to have some kind of holster up by the ashtray that could maybe be just a modded dock with the cables running stealth underneath the center console.
that would all be nice, however, a lot of the integration with the head unit is software specific on the head unit end. just splicing the cable will not allow video out and all of what you described above.

having an aftermarket headunit with ipod integration functions is the best way to accomplish what you're thinking.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:14 PM
antimatter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nah dude, the default g37 integration is great as it is, all i want to do is have all the capabilities of the iphone all connect to just one cable to the iphone.

the displaying the iphone screen on the nav monitor would be cool but not the top priority.

just want to charge (without an extra adaptor) by using the apple component video cable wich throws out audio and video and charges and splice it to the infiniti ipod cable to maintain ipod integration throught the head unit and charge the iphone.