Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Raising windows with OEM remote!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:33 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raising windows with OEM remote!

Yes, it can be done after simply installing a KPtechnologies NM20 module! Once the module is installed you can raise the windows by pressing "LOCK" twice on the OEM keyfob (no need to hold it down, just press and release twice).

I copied this from the KPtechnologies support forum:

Thank you to AndrewDDS for allowing me to install the NM20 on his 2008 G37 coupe!

The install, once I was done with it, was pretty easy, actually. I chased my tail for a bit trying to find the lock actuator wire in a different location then I finally found it in so it took me a bit longer then I had anticipated.

The door panel came off pretty easy. Behind the interior door open handle there is a cover plate that needs to be removed to expose one screw. Then, the door grab handle trim needs to be popped off. At the very bottom of the trim piece there is a slot for a small flathead screwdriver to gently pry the trim piece off. Once the trim piece is removed there are two more screws in the door grab that need to be taken out. After that, simply pull out at the bottom of the door panel and gently work the clips free. I was NOT able to get the power window switch finisher to come out, so I had to wrestle with the two connectors on the back side a bit before I finally got them unplugged. It is also necesarry to unplug the memory seat plug, the bottom door light plug, and to remove the door open handle cable and the door lock cable.

One note - to make the door panel easier to remove lower the window all the way down. But, before you unplug the power window switch put the window almost all the way back up (an inch or so from the top). Once the power window switch is removed you will not be able to move the window until you plug it back in. Also, once you plug it back in the door will have to be closed before the window will go up. It will continue to function this way until the anti pinch system is reprogrammed (instructions are in owners manual but you basically close the window all the way and continue to hold the UP button for 5 seconds, then lower the window all the way and continue to hold the DOWN button for 5 seconds after the window is all the way down. Repeat this 3 more times and the system will be reprogrammed.

Back to the install, after I safely stored the door panel away from the vehicle I press fit the module toward the top of the door behind a bracket - it fit really well there and I didn't use any zip ties or anything to secure it:

I then removed the speaker and routed the blue wire through the black cover shown above. Make sure you leave this wire long enough inside the door for the window to go all the way down!

With the wire inside the door connect it to the thicker light green wire inside the door:

The other four wires connect to the main harness:

KPtech Red wire --> Yellow wire
KPtech Black wire --> Black wire
KPtech Green wire --> Gray wire (Power window switch must be plugged in to verify this wire with a volt meter)
KPtech Yellow wire --> Sky Blue wire

Once I got the wires finished I plugged the module in and tested it. It only worked on the passenger door the first time because the anti pinch system wasn't working. Once I reprogrammed the anti pinch system it worked with both windows!

The door panel went back on exactly the opposite that it came off - no big surprises reinstalling it. Like taking it off, it's a bit easier to get it back on if the window is all the way down. Remember to plug all the wires back in and don't forget to reconnect the cables for the door open handle and the door lock.

The module can be purchased for $49.99 from www.KPtechnologies.com! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask them.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:52 PM
aznutx

nice job!
Old 11-13-2008, 01:07 AM
w0ady

nice kevin! i was just talking to dan today when he was on the phone with you. ill probably have him put in a nav and window module whenever i see him next.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:40 PM
CrackHeadMonsta

I gotto see it ti believe it!! lol

Video please
Old 11-13-2008, 04:41 PM
soldier9599
Registered Member

That's pretty cool! I was disappointed to find that the G didn't just do this on my own, considering my X5 did.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:48 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good stuff, if only it was plug and play sigh
Old 11-13-2008, 06:01 PM
KPierson
Banned

I didn't get a video of it on the G37 coupe but I do have a few videos of the module on other cars:

Nissan Altima coupe (with KPtechnologies sunroof module):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PnfjLGDNU4

2007 G35 Sedan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdw9WXqG7Ws

I have a video of the module on my G35 somewhere, but I guess I haven't uploaded it yet to YouTube.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:05 PM
AndrewDDS

Kevin, if you want to get a video of it working on my G37, just let me know. However, let me find a shop to install my Eibach springs and Stillen splitter first (she's gotta look goooood if she's gonna get videotaped).

Also, let me know when/if you want to give that headlight mod a try. I have a few open weekends coming up, so I'm more than willing to let you have my car for a few hours.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:34 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im still surprised that our cars dont come with that yet..

my boys 02 clk500 roll up and down with his key remote.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:09 PM
cullan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, it's irritating that the windows and sunroof cannot be closed via remote. It can be done with the key, but what is the convenience of that??? It seems like the technology is already in the car if it can be done with they key in the door so why can't that be simulated by the remote?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:30 PM
BocaCoupe
Premier Member

Is this the same as what i had on my G35 from you guys?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:45 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by BocaCoupe
Yup, unfortunately I don't know of anyone down here who I'd trust to do the install.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:09 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by BocaCoupe
Yeah, it hasn't changed in years!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:54 AM
w0ady

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Yup, unfortunately I don't know of anyone down here who I'd trust to do the install.
come up to tampa for the run and let dan (sflg35 on other forums) do it.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:52 PM
batmobile

nice job man

I might be goin insane but last night i went out to my car to grab something and pushed the button on the door handle to get in, and maybe held the button or something (was a bit intoxicated) and my windows started to go down. I have tried and tried to make it do that again but I cant, anyone done this or am I goin crazy?

Quick Reply: Raising windows with OEM remote!