Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Xm?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:08 AM
G35Rhino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xm?

Does XM require the NAV option or can you get XM radio without NAV?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:33 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

XM comes in all models, NAV or no NAV.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:42 AM
G35Rhino

Thanks - my '05 Premium Aero Sport sedan couldn't be ordered with XM stand-alone (so my dealer said). They would be happy to sell me the XM unit for ~$350 and let me install it OR they'd be kind enough to do it for me for approximately $800 incl. the labor. I opted to do neither.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:45 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm not sure if I would say it comes with EVERY model but I know it does not require a certain package say Premium or Nav. If you're buying a base model I would check with the dealer because it does require a unit and antenna. On Infiniti.com it does says the it is standard so maybe I am wrong.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
XM comes on EVERY infiniti.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:33 PM
DdotRoq
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mike@riverside
XM comes on EVERY infiniti.
Unfortunately.

I much prefer Sirius, or if ever released in a vehicle, Pandora.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM
G35Rhino

No won't be a base, looking to get a journey sport, premium with a few goodies thrown in for good measure.

I have about 6 months left on a prepaid XM subscription I was hoping to preserve. Of course with the Infiniti rationing them out it may take 6 mos.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Rhino
No won't be a base, looking to get a journey sport, premium with a few goodies thrown in for good measure.

I have about 6 months left on a prepaid XM subscription I was hoping to preserve. Of course with the Infiniti rationing them out it may take 6 mos.
Well you get three months of XM for the low cost of a G37.

They do give 3 months free with the new purchase though. Then you could probably transfer your subscription.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:39 PM
RIDEwithG

Originally Posted by DdotRoq
Unfortunately.

I much prefer Sirius, or if ever released in a vehicle, Pandora.
Sirius and XM has merged, so that shouldn't a problem for you more. They call almost weekly trying to get me to jump back on XM. I have a 10 minute commute, I don't think I listen to the radio long enough to justify having it. Besides, listening to Pandora is much more entertaining.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:50 PM
soldier9599
Registered Member

Now XM is just a package in the Sirius service.

If you know anyone that has Sirius you can get a full subscription (after the 3 months) for half off if you just have them sign you up under their name, that's what I did with my brother.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:49 AM
RIDEwithG

Originally Posted by soldier9599
Now XM is just a package in the Sirius service.

If you know anyone that has Sirius you can get a full subscription (after the 3 months) for half off if you just have them sign you up under their name, that's what I did with my brother.
Or perhaps Sirius is a package in the Xm service? LOL.
I've gotten calls all week long pitching me $77 for a 1 year subscription with XM. No activation fee.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:12 AM
DdotRoq
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RIDEwithG
Sirius and XM has merged, so that shouldn't a problem for you more. They call almost weekly trying to get me to jump back on XM. I have a 10 minute commute, I don't think I listen to the radio long enough to justify having it. Besides, listening to Pandora is much more entertaining.

Pandora is great. As far as XM with Sirius goes, I cannot get the channels I listen to, its in reality - all of xm channels plus like 5 sirius channels like the Martha Stewart channel. I want the REAL sirius channels, like the NFL channel, Comedy, Shady, Octane, etc.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:47 AM
jerryr

Lightbulb Wait Unitl November 12th

On November 12th Sirius\XM will roll out the new combined play list. Supposedly the best music from each will be included. I added the "Best of Sirius" option to my XM now I have all the channels that I wanted from Sirius ( Mainly NASCAR). I did have a Sirius car kit laying in the back seat with an antenna on the package tray. Sure was nice to get that out of the car when I added the "Best of Sirius" package to my XM.

Unfortunatly I still have a subscription to both since my wifes Murano has Sirius. I think the Murano can have either XM or Sirius so I may pick up an XM reciever on Ebay so I can have just one main subscription with an add-on radio which would be a lot cheaper then Dual subscriptions. They do not give you a break if you have Dual Subscriptions, even with it being the same company now.