Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Rear speakers observation

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 03:58 PM
seayky
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear speakers observation

Hi there,

I tried to sit in the back seat, and found that the 2 Bose speakers in the back (under the rear glass) do not make much noise. I tried to turn all the noise to the rear and I heard that most of the sound were coming from the side. Those 2 speakers even though they look big, but does not provide much sound. Anyone feel the same?
Old 10-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Thrillhouse

They're probably the woofers. They only make bass. Not going to hear much treble coming from them.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:03 PM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
make sure you dont have your system on drivers soundstage or whatever its called
Old 10-24-2008, 05:05 PM
619G-ride

they are more for bass and lower frequencies. look up the diagram for the bose system under the audio section. it breaks down everything for ya. the mids and highs play out of the side speakers and lows/bass plays out of rear 6x8/6x9... whatever they are
Old 10-24-2008, 05:31 PM
seayky
Registered Member

Yes, I tried that, not much difference I could tell.

Originally Posted by lakers8
make sure you dont have your system on drivers soundstage or whatever its called
I thought the rear speakers are for the mids while all the lows go to the subwoofer in the front doors, but they don't sound like mids.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:49 PM
batmobile

Those are not your woofers, your subs are in the doors. You have 2 10" subs in each door, my rear speakers put out alot of sound actually. The only problem I have is when I turn it up the rear speakers sound like they are rattling or they are making the rear glass rattle because they are so close, its not really that bad. I have to get that looked at though
Old 10-24-2008, 05:51 PM
batmobile

Thought of something as I sat here, have you tried to go under your audio controls and turn on the "driver's stage" function? I have mine on, dont know if it makes a difference but you could try that.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:31 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by batmobile
Thought of something as I sat here, have you tried to go under your audio controls and turn on the "driver's stage" function? I have mine on, dont know if it makes a difference but you could try that.
whats the difference with driver's stage function on or off?
Old 10-24-2008, 06:39 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

That shifts the balance to be centered around the driver.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:34 PM
vINCe_Inc

Originally Posted by psyh
That shifts the balance to be centered around the driver.
i personally dont like it, especially when i listen to trance and electronic.
however i found that it works well with stuff that are mainly vocals...
Old 10-25-2008, 12:20 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by seayky
Hi there,

I tried to sit in the back seat, and found that the 2 Bose speakers in the back (under the rear glass) do not make much noise. I tried to turn all the noise to the rear and I heard that most of the sound were coming from the side. Those 2 speakers even though they look big, but does not provide much sound. Anyone feel the same?
The cars audio is designed for the individuals sitting in the front seat not the back. The audio in the back is not that bad though but it is nothing like in the front.

Originally Posted by Thrillhouse
They're probably the woofers. They only make bass. Not going to hear much treble coming from them.
The rear speakers are not subs. They handle the mid range the best but they do some highs and lows as well since I believe they are 6x9s.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:22 AM
seayky
Registered Member

I guess I am trying to say is that rear speakers are not as loud as I thought they should be. It sound like most of the sound in the rear are mainly from the side speakers. Maybe someone can sit in the back and listen and see if u think the same way.

FYI: I tried both Driver's stage function ON/OFF too.

Thanks guys/gals.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:47 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

I was in the back last weekend and I know what you mean. The rear speakers are not that load and I think it was designed that way by Bose so the sound is more balanced in the front. I was in the back of my car and I didn't think it sounded that bad though. I was a little intoxicated at the time so maybe that is a factor.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:23 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by bboysteele
I was in the back last weekend and I know what you mean. The rear speakers are not that load and I think it was designed that way by Bose so the sound is more balanced in the front. I was in the back of my car and I didn't think it sounded that bad though. I was a little intoxicated at the time so maybe that is a factor.
SO who did you let drive your baby?
Old 10-26-2008, 02:33 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

The DD and also best friend.

Quick Reply: Rear speakers observation