Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Review of Magden Computer for the G37

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:05 AM
Hawaiian72099

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear you bro, my friend has one for his STI and although it does have the ability to motor some cool stuff the display really is too small and you can't view as much without having to hold it in front of your face, and it doesn't have the feature of displaying the info on another screen.

Originally Posted by bboysteele
The ability to data log is just an additional benefit of the Magden computer. The real use and benefit is the ability to monitor your car in real time and in a safe way. The Cobb AP does have the ability to monitor some stuff if I remember correctly but how in their right mind would try to look at their AP and drive their car at the same time especially if they are on a track. Plus if you are going to boost your car in the future the Magden system with additional sensors can display gauges that you should have to monitor your setup. The system just makes sense to me. If you are looking for something just to data log then I wouldn't recommend this.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:42 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawaiian72099
I hear you bro, my friend has one for his STI and although it does have the ability to motor some cool stuff the display really is too small and you can't view as much without having to hold it in front of your face, and it doesn't have the feature of displaying the info on another screen.
Really? I would say that is true on the Traditional skin but not the Secant and Data Lab skins. Those two skins show the actual numbers and the text is easy to see on the G37 screen. Much easier to see than having so Tach meters installed to view the same stuff. Plus with the good possibility to set thresholds for the meters that you have it will make it that much better. Thresholds as far as an audible alarm or screen display when say your oil temp gets to high or the engine temp.