Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Disabling Panic Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 09:44 PM
AndrewDDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disabling Panic Alarm?

I ran a search on this and couldn't find anything.

At least once or twice a week my panic alarm goes off because I somehow leaned against the key fob while it was in my pocket. Or I'll be carrying bags of groceries with my keys in my hand, and the panic alarm will go off. Either way, it's a feature I will NEVER use. I honestly don't even understand why cars have it, because I have never heard of anyone actually using it.

So is there any way to disable the panic alarm? Or to disable the panic button on the key fob?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:51 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
I ran a search on this and couldn't find anything.

At least once or twice a week my panic alarm goes off because I somehow leaned against the key fob while it was in my pocket. Or I'll be carrying bags of groceries with my keys in my hand, and the panic alarm will go off. Either way, it's a feature I will NEVER use. I honestly don't even understand why cars have it, because I have never heard of anyone actually using it.

So is there any way to disable the panic alarm? Or to disable the panic button on the key fob?
my grandma use her panic alarm button before. She was at the bank and as she came out and some guy behind some tree follow her and try to rob her and she use the panic button. Anyway i dont think it would be hard. maybe you just have to find a certain wire and cut it?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Dieseldoug22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you open the remote you can probably put a piece of tape over the contact area that the button pushes on. I did that to my moms remote for the same reason. It was a GM but the basics are the same.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:18 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
you have to open the remote and remove the actuator inside. you'll see four little square boxes with little round rubber buttons on top. you can pry off the one for the panic button with your fingers; it is soldered onto the board.