Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Ouch! - 2009 G37 w/ premium pkg = no Bose?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 AM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Ouch! - 2009 G37 w/ premium pkg = no Bose?

Well, I have a 2008 G37 w/ the premium package and it did come with the Bose system with the dual Burr-Brown DSP, just like many high end aftermarket head units. Checking out the 2009 G37 w/ the premium package, it does not even have the Bose unit. What gives? If someone wants to go aftermarket and keep the stock HU they are stuck with whatever Infiniti puts in there?! The configuration says it comes with six speakers, my guess is that they come with a two way up front (4) and a rear fill in the back (2). Does the 2009 even have the 10" drivers in the doors?

C and P from Infiniti:

</IMG>Audio System

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>addGroup("accordionGroup_11")</SCRIPT>Six-speaker audio system with AM/FM radio, CD player with MP3 playback capability, Radio Data System (RDS) and auxiliary audio input jack
XM® Satellite Radio
Dual in-glass diversity antennas. The radio tuner compares the signal strength of both antennas, and automatically selects the strongest signal.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:17 AM
07BlackG35Stud

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fcarpio
Well, I have a 2008 G37 w/ the premium package and it did come with the Bose system with the dual Burr-Brown DSP, just like many high end aftermarket head units. Checking out the 2009 G37 w/ the premium package, it does not even have the Bose unit. What gives? If someone wants to go aftermarket and keep the stock HU they are stuck with whatever Infiniti puts in there?! The configuration says it comes with six speakers, my guess is that they come with a two way up front (4) and a rear fill in the back (2). Does the 2009 even have the 10" drivers in the doors?

C and P from Infiniti:

</IMG>Audio System

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>addGroup("accordionGroup_11")</SCRIPT>Six-speaker audio system with AM/FM radio, CD player with MP3 playback capability, Radio Data System (RDS) and auxiliary audio input jack
XM® Satellite Radio
Dual in-glass diversity antennas. The radio tuner compares the signal strength of both antennas, and automatically selects the strongest signal.
Are you sure that's the premium package? Sounds like base package to me....could be wrong....
Old 10-08-2008, 09:52 AM
fcarpio

Here, look:

No 6-CD changer either, just like my G35. This configuration does not have the navigation package either. Bummer!!! I really hope this is an error on their website, or maybe this is a direct response to the economy. I wonder where else are they cutting corners...

Last edited by fcarpio; 10-08-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:11 AM
07BlackG35Stud

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fcarpio
Here, look:

No 6-CD changer either, just like my G35. This configuration does not have the navigation package either. Bummer!!! I really hope this is an error on their website, or maybe this is a direct response to the economy. I wonder where else are they cutting corners...
From what you're showing me, the menu that you expanded is under "Standard Features" ....read the header of that section. Standard does not mean premium.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
6 disc changer is out no matter what. Hard drive FTMFW!!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:59 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On the Infiniti site it still lists the 2008 G, not sure where you're seeing the 2009 info.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:00 AM
fcarpio

Originally Posted by 07BlackG35Stud
From what you're showing me, the menu that you expanded is under "Standard Features" ....read the header of that section. Standard does not mean premium.
Where would it show it then? Can you please find it on Infiniti's website and post it here?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:13 AM
tank21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only the 2008 information is up. But here's what you were asking for, and from the website under "Packages & Options" not "Standard Features"

Get closer to your Infiniti. Explore the vehicle packages offered below: PrintS = Standard | O = Optional | N/A = Not Available
MSRP
G37 Coupe
G37 Coupe
Journey G37 Coupe
Sport 6MT

Sport Package

- Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (VLSD)
- 10-spoke 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with W-rated summer performance tires
- Sport-tuned suspension
- 4-piston front and 2-piston rear calipers, with 14.0-inch front and 13.8-inch rear brake discs
- Unique front fascia and side sills
- Front sport seats with thigh extension and driver’s power torso and thigh support
- Solid magnesium paddle shifters mounted on steering column
- Unique sport steering wheel stitching
- Aluminum pedals

Paddle shifters N/A on 6MT.
$1,850.00 N/A O S

Premium Package

- Power sliding tinted glass moonroof with one-touch open/close, tilt feature and sliding sunshade
- Infiniti Studio on Wheels™ by Bose® premium audio system with Burr-Brown 24-bit DAC and Driver’s Audio Stage, single-feed 6-disc CD autochanger with MP3 playback capability, Radio Data System (RDS), and eleven speakers, including 3-way component front door speakers with 10-inch woofers
- Infiniti Interface System for iPod®
- Heated front seats
- 2-way power driver’s seat lumbar support
- Memory system for driver’s seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors
- Driver’s seat, steering wheel, and outside mirror position synchronization
- Power tilt and telescoping steering column synchronizes gauge cluster with column for improved vision
- Automatic anti-glare rearview mirror with HomeLink® Universal Transceiver and compass
- Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System[1]
- Heated outside mirrors
$3,200.00 N/A O O

Navigation Package

- Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System[2] with touch-screen, Lane Guidance and 3-D building graphics
- XM NavTraffic® providing Real-Time Traffic[3] information
- 9.3GB Music Box hard drive and compact flash slot for playing MP3 files
- Single CD player replaces 6-disc CD autochanger
- Infiniti Voice Recognition for climate control, audio and navigation systems
- RearView Monitor[4]

Requires Premium Package
$2,200.00 N/A O O

Technology Package

- Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC)[5] with Preview Braking[6]
- Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS)
- Pre-Crash Seat Belts

Requires Navigation Package
$1,150.00 N/A O O

Performance Tire and Wheel Package

- 10-spoke 19 x 8.5-inch (front), 19 x 9.0-inch (rear) lightweight aluminum-alloy wheels
- 225/45R19 (front), 245/40R19 (rear) W-rated summer performance tires

Included in Sport Package
$650.00 N/A O S

4-Wheel Active Steer Package

- Front Active Steer system
- Rear Active Steer system

Requires Premium and Sport Packages on G37 Coupe Journey. Requires Premium Package on G37 Coupe Sport 6MT
$1,300.00 N/A O O
S = Standard | O = Optional | N/A = Not Available
Close X
[1] Requires compatible cellular phone. Close X
[2] Factory-installed option. Never program while driving. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road regulations. Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System may be INOPERABLE in some areas. It is operational in the United States and Canada. Close X
[3] Required XM radio and XM NavTraffic monthly subscriptions sold separately after trial period. Installation costs and other fees and taxes may apply, including a one-time activation fee. XM NavTraffic only available in select markets. Subscription fee is consumer only. All fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions subject to Customer Agreement available at xmradio.com. XM service only available in the 48 contiguous United States and Canada. The XM name and XM NavTraffic are registered trademarks of XM Satellite Radio Inc. ©2007 XM Satellite Radio Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Close X
[4] The RearView Monitor is a convenience but is not a substitute for proper backing procedures. Always turn and check that it is safe to do so before backing up. The RearView Monitor may not detect every object behind you. Close X
[5] Optional Intelligent Cruise Control is not a collision avoidance or warning device. For highway use only and not intended for congested areas or city driving. The system will not brake automatically to a stop. Failure to apply the brakes could result in an accident. Close X
[6] Optional Brake Assist with Preview is only an aid to assist the driver and is not a collision warning or avoidance device. It is the driver’s responsibility to stay alert, drive safely and be in control at all times. Close X
*All prices are Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). MSRP excludes destination and handling charges, tax, title, license, and options. Dealer sets actual price.