Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

A pair of 12s IB in a G37?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:16 AM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamaica2G
I installed two Ascendant Audio subs (specially configured for IB) in my G35 and it is by far the cleanest system I have ever owned. There are a lot of little places where air can get through so you have to be freaking thorough. I cut myself numerous times getting into those nooks & crannies. Don't forget over the wheel wells , there is a space that can let air back through to the passenger compartment, seal that off. The entire rear shelf, and just go right around the entire trunk with Dynamat or a GOOD substitute.

I hope you tune it nicely. do you have an aftermarket head unit? If you can't tune it correctly, ask someone with some audio know-how for some help.

Adrian
The cavity by the wheel wells is what I was talking about, thank you.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:14 PM
fcarpio

Some updates on my install.

This are not the actual pictures from my build log, I just wanted to post the progress on my car here. I will create a new thread with my actual build log pictures in a few days.

Enjoy!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Pearl05G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dillyyo
Do me a favor if you can......save me an outline of the baffle if you have it. I am now seriously contemplating putting 2 more 190's in those side rear spots. I have no problem cutting as long as safety integrity is not compromised.
I almost fell off the chair laughing !! NOW ... I wanna watch you do this. Although Im getting the feeling it wont be you doing it.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:33 AM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by Pearl05G
I almost fell off the chair laughing !! NOW ... I wanna watch you do this. Although Im getting the feeling it wont be you doing it.
Come on dude!! You know it won't be MEEEE cutting it! I have to have someone to cuss at if it gets fvcked up!! HAHAHA, just kidding!

But in all seriousness, if I need more output, I might have to do it. Concerns are clearence for the cone and lack of airspace. Smaller airspace will most likely change response of the those comparably to the rear baffled ones. First need to seal off the others and judge from that point.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:36 AM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by fcarpio
This are not the actual pictures from my build log, I just wanted to post the progress on my car here. I will create a new thread with my actual build log pictures in a few days.

Enjoy!

Man, with those rolls I am assuming those DLS's have a decent Xmax. Are you sure those side panels don't contact at all during output?!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Pearl05G

Come on dude!! You know it won't be MEEEE cutting it! I have to have someone to cuss at if it gets fvcked up!! HAHAHA, just kidding!

But in all seriousness, if I need more output, I might have to do it. Concerns are clearence for the cone and lack of airspace. Smaller airspace will most likely change response of the those comparably to the rear baffled ones. First need to seal off the others and judge from that point.
We can talk, once you finally call !
Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 AM
fcarpio

Man, with those rolls I am assuming those DLS's have a decent Xmax. Are you sure those side panels don't contact at all during output?!
The angle of the picture does not show it, but there is plenty of clearance. I have just over two inches there and the xmax is +- 9mm.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:13 AM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by Pearl05G
We can talk, once you finally call !
SOrry dude, had some unexpected crap come up. I will call tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Pearl05G

Just gimme a call in about 10 mins. Then you dont have to worry about forgetting...
Old 01-12-2009, 08:56 PM
fcarpio

So, Dillyyo, did you finish you setup? Search my name or "stealth install" and you will find pictures of mine "almost" done. I just need to finish the panels...