Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Enable Bluetooth on NZ Japanese Import

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 04:42 AM
clintrevell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enable Bluetooth on NZ Japanese Import

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a query. I've recently bought a 2007 Skyline 370GT, imported from a dealer in Japan to New Zealand. I don't think there's many (if any) of these in NZ yet, even the local Nissan guys hadn't seen one before (Nissan don't sell the Skyline in NZ). I believe it is a Type-P (has Navigation, Music Box etc). The problem I have is trying to get the Bluetooth Handsfree enabled.

I have to say I am assuming the car should have Bluetooth, due to the following:
  • It has the Telephone Controls on the steering wheel
  • It has Handsfree and Bluetooth settings in the Menu
  • I'm presuming 'Type-P' comes with all tech options including Bluetooth
So given that, if it should have working Bluetooth, why can't I enable it in the settings menu? The attached image shows the problem, the Bluetooth 'On' is not highlighted and you cannot highlight it to enable the option.

I have been through the translated GTR menus, I have read through the (english) G37 manuals and I have scanned the Field Service Manuals (AV.PDF) but can't find anything that will help me get this enabled.

So I guess the second question is if I dont actually have Bluetooth, is there something (a part) I can buy to add this on? And if so does anyone have a part# that I can give to Nissan NZ to import from Japan?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:22 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you paired a phone to it yet? It should be the item below the one selected in your picture.

See 4-61 (page 225 out of 410) of the owners manual
Old 09-02-2008, 05:00 PM
clintrevell

Unfortunately it seems like you can't pair the phone until the Bluetooth is enabled. The only two options which are selectable are selecting the phone carrier, and setting the Bluetooth Passkey. The greyed out options below are the ones to pair and select phones.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 PM
clintrevell

I found out how to do it, thanks to a YouTube video explaining the pairing process on a Japanese GTR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGp0_e7kEak

Basically you select the link highlighted in the picture above, select the bottom option of the next menu page, underneath all the Japanese Telco names. Then enter a username/password for the GPRS data connection to use, back to the Telco selection menu and select the top button which brings up a message (which I'd seen before, but ends with 'cancel' so I ignored it). While that message prompt is on screen you can pair the phone with the car, and from that point on the Bluetooth option above shows as 'ON'.

Very happy. Now all I've got to do is figure out how to record english options for the Voice dialling :-}

BTW: I paired the car with my iPhone 3G. Works like a charm.