Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

new to forum - new to CF card reader

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Cnewt
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is an Ipod the only media player that can be used with the Nav.? Maybe an adapter for a Zune or Iriver player?

GF has car and manual in South Fl. for 2 weeks, or I'd check myself.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:41 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cnewt
Is an Ipod the only media player that can be used with the Nav.? Maybe an adapter for a Zune or Iriver player?

GF has car and manual in South Fl. for 2 weeks, or I'd check myself.
You can use any audio player that has RCA audio outs but you will need to use the audio player as the controller. You just plug the audio player in the AV ports on the car. Not control through the car system though except for sound.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:43 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a Ipod is the preferred method for media player in this car, aside from the "music box" feature which is a 9.3gb hdd space for ripping music into the car. Usability of this feature is limited, and doesn't work as well as most of us would like.

The CF card can also be used to play music, and i think it may be better than the music box feature but i have yet to try it.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Cnewt
Registered Member

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
a Ipod is the preferred method for media player in this car, aside from the "music box" feature which is a 9.3gb hdd space for ripping music into the car. Usability of this feature is limited, and doesn't work as well as most of us would like.

The CF card can also be used to play music, and i think it may be better than the music box feature but i have yet to try it.
Okay. Has anyone tried comparing the iPod sound with the MusicBox listening from ripped CD's at the highest setting?Okay.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Cnewt
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bboysteele
You can use any audio player that has RCA audio outs but you will need to use the audio player as the controller. You just plug the audio player in the AV ports on the car. Not control through the car system though except for sound.
Does the MusicBox then read the card and display on the screen? If the "box" is full, can you just keep the CF card in the slot for the additional material and have it automatically integrated into the display?

Also, if you ripped high quality music to the card, will it have a higher quality sound than the music ripped to the "box" when it's played through the system?

Thanks for the replies.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:45 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cnewt
Does the MusicBox then read the card and display on the screen? If the "box" is full, can you just keep the CF card in the slot for the additional material and have it automatically integrated into the display?

Also, if you ripped high quality music to the card, will it have a higher quality sound than the music ripped to the "box" when it's played through the system?

Thanks for the replies.
The musicbox is separate from the CF slot. The CF slot is its own input and has a different menu structure. The two of them are not intergrateable. I don't know if there is a limit on the bit rate you can use on the CF card slot. I have not tried that. I have a CF card with music that is from my computer. It is on the CF slot because I didn't want to burn them to cds and rip them into the MusicBox and I didn't want to sync them to my IPod. The songs on my car are 128 and 192 bit rates I believe. Try ripping some high bit rate songs and see if it works.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Cnewt
Registered Member

Might just have to perform a test to see if there are any diffs. in the sound. I have all of my CDs ripped to an ex. HD at lossless for home audio burning, and at 192 kps for MP3 loading. I might see if the there is a diff. in how the rip rates sound from the card.

If it's substantial I'll let ya'll know.

Thank for the info.