Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Blackberry phonebook transfer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:07 AM
AndrewDDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackberry phonebook transfer?

I'm thinking about upgrading from my current LG VX cell phone to a Blackberry Curve or Blackberry Pearl. My phone right now works perfectly fine with bluetooth, but it's not compatible with phonebook transfer. Does anyone have either Blackberry and know if the phonebook transfer utility is supported?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:20 AM
J.Oh

Lg vx WHAT? i went from a LG VX10000 aka Voyager to a Black Berry Curve and it was fine free phone book transfer
Old 08-13-2008, 12:29 AM
AndrewDDS

It's an LG VX8350, and it's killing me that I can't get my phonebook from my phone into my car. I definitely don't want to buy a new Blackberry only to find out that I still can't transfer my phonebook into my car. If I'm going to upgrade to a smartphone, I definitely want to be positive that every possible function is compatible with my G37.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
I'm thinking about upgrading from my current LG VX cell phone to a Blackberry Curve or Blackberry Pearl. My phone right now works perfectly fine with bluetooth, but it's not compatible with phonebook transfer. Does anyone have either Blackberry and know if the phonebook transfer utility is supported?
Funny you mention Blackberry. I currently carry a Blackberry Curve through Verizon and it works flawlessly with the data phonebook transfer. By the way, I work for Verizon and if you're thinking about getting their Pearl, forget it. I used that phone for about 3 months before I gave it up for the Curve, the phone had plenty of problems. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with my Curve and I've had it for about 4 months now. Sorry about the change of subject, but yes the Blackberry works well with our car lol.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:30 AM
J.Oh

you should of specified... from phone to phone or phone to car....
Old 08-13-2008, 12:54 AM
fkat
Registered Member

i have 8310 and transfered the entire address book with no problem over bluetooth. Did you check the bluetooth center on Infiniti site?

http://www.infiniti.com/bluetooth/ph...d=0&modelid=15
Old 08-13-2008, 01:00 AM
prutkows

Originally Posted by fkat
i have 8310 and transfered the entire address book with no problem over bluetooth. Did you check the bluetooth center on Infiniti site?

http://www.infiniti.com/bluetooth/ph...d=0&modelid=15
same.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by Staples
Funny you mention Blackberry. I currently carry a Blackberry Curve through Verizon and it works flawlessly with the data phonebook transfer. By the way, I work for Verizon and if you're thinking about getting their Pearl, forget it. I used that phone for about 3 months before I gave it up for the Curve, the phone had plenty of problems. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with my Curve and I've had it for about 4 months now. Sorry about the change of subject, but yes the Blackberry works well with our car lol.
Staples,

How does your Curve work with the G's Bluetooth system? Can you callers hear you loud and clear or do you sound muffled when driving down the freeway?

Second, what are your personal thoughts on the new Envy 2?

And finally, do you think there are differences with Verizon's phones when using the G's Bluetooth? To clarify, are some phones better with BT than others?

I have an LG VX5400 and the outgoing communication is horrible via the G's Bluetooth. A great little phone, but the connection needs improvement.

Thanks,

Semper Fi
Old 08-13-2008, 09:52 AM
AndrewDDS

Wow, thanks guys!! I think I'll go pick up a new Curve today then!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:52 PM
dzy_1

mine transferred fine after a few tries...didn't read the help center but I got it by dumb luck
Old 08-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Former USMC
Staples,

How does your Curve work with the G's Bluetooth system? Can you callers hear you loud and clear or do you sound muffled when driving down the freeway?

Second, what are your personal thoughts on the new Envy 2?

And finally, do you think there are differences with Verizon's phones when using the G's Bluetooth? To clarify, are some phones better with BT than others?

I have an LG VX5400 and the outgoing communication is horrible via the G's Bluetooth. A great little phone, but the connection needs improvement.

Thanks,

Semper Fi
Replied to your PM

- Steve
Old 08-17-2008, 01:12 PM
dmfitz82

my pearl works just fine and the complete address book transferred
Old 08-21-2008, 02:16 PM
siperwrx

Mine says it transferred (I have the Curve also), but I can't do voice dialing at all, do I have to program every name for voice command?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:20 PM
raZr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haev an 8830 and the phone works seemlessly, transferred phonebook very simply as well...
Old 09-14-2008, 04:46 AM
farhanby

I am extremely confused!

Infinit's site says (http://www.infiniti.com/bluetooth/ph...0&mo delid=15):
"This device does not support contact transfers via Bluetooth" and at the same time
"Phonebook Download (Entire Phonebook) ----- Y"

I have a blackberry curve and need to transfer the entire phonebook to the car in one shot. Would appreciate it if someone could give me step by step instructions on how to go about doing this (in laymans terms). Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Blackberry phonebook transfer?