Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

3D Building Graphics unavailable?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:38 AM
DJMatrix1067

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
3D Building Graphics unavailable?

This is a question about my navigation.

whenever I zoom in, far enough, it says the 3D Building Graphics are unavailable... whats up with that?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:56 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You don't have that map available in your area. Only big cities will have this map such as New York, parts of LA, etc. Also this map is usually not available everywhere in the city but the major parts like downtown from my understanding.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They should have dumped this feature and kept the full voice functionality...but thats a different thread.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
You don't have that map available in your area. Only big cities will have this map such as New York, parts of LA, etc. Also this map is usually not available everywhere in the city but the major parts like downtown from my understanding.
+1...I can only get it when I'm in the downtown Atlanta area. Only place I've gotten it, but to be honest, I didn't care for it so even though I'm in downtown ATL everyday, I rarely switch it.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:51 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it is one of those "cool factors." It is not available in my town that I am aware of but if I move to another town that has it I will be using it. I can see it now, "hey girl, look at what my GPS can do." "Wow J, that is cool, can we check out the back seat?"
Old 08-08-2008, 09:31 AM
xeroed

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
the feature in its current form is pretty lame. Here in Chicago only major landmarks pop up like the Sears tower, Hancock building, Soldier/Wrigley/U.S. Cellular field. Its not like a 3D driving videogame that goes through the streets.