Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Minimal audio install

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
IP37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
already took care of the license plate. i have a pack of stick-on felt pads from wal-mart that i placed inbetween the plate and plate frame. it no longer rattles.

the main issues now are inside. at ALL frequencies, something in the rear package shelf rattles, i'll have to take it apart and try to secure everything.

at higher freq's, it seems like the part of the headliner that meets the back glass is rattling. not sure though, you know how rattling noises can play tricks on you.
yea let your back seat down and pop off the plastic cover that goes around the hook and start tapping on the back shelf piece.. i put some soft velcro in that area and inside that plastic cover that goes around the hook when i was trying to check for rattles in my suspension
Old 07-31-2008, 11:55 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IP37
yea let your back seat down and pop off the plastic cover that goes around the hook and start tapping on the back shelf piece.. i put some soft velcro in that area and inside that plastic cover that goes around the hook when i was trying to check for rattles in my suspension
cool. thanks for the heads up. that piece does rattle. i think i'll go to home depot and get some cheapo carpet padding and cut to fit under the package shelf cover. that ought to aide in noise reduction.

a buddy is giving me some dynamat for the trunk lid, so that's good.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Dieseldoug22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The install looks really clean. I am glad that it all worked for you. And I am sure that it sounds great for you. I also like the stealth install of the Remote Bass ****. Awesome job!!
Old 07-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
cool. thanks for the heads up. that piece does rattle. i think i'll go to home depot and get some cheapo carpet padding and cut to fit under the package shelf cover. that ought to aide in noise reduction.

a buddy is giving me some dynamat for the trunk lid, so that's good.
You should dynamat the package shelf too as well as your front doors. It will make a workd of difference.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:59 PM
finagle69

yep. that's just one more thing on my list of "to do's" lol

i'm having a hard time picking what's next though, wait for Cusco sways, or get a bunch of dynamat and do it right...
Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 PM
aznutx

do you have any pictures of the install with the powercable from batt>trunk that's all im interested in, i been working on a custom box in the span of these last three months haha i dont get alot of time off
Old 07-31-2008, 04:11 PM
prutkows

just because it aint fancy like some other builds doesnt mean its not good.

looks clean, who needs a back seat anyway?

btw, what does it look like from inside the car?
Old 07-31-2008, 04:31 PM
maxipad96

His back seat is still there and 100% stock looking from the inside.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:58 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Awesome install!

you just inspired me to call up some people on craigslist and see if i can do the same!

Michael
Old 08-01-2008, 12:16 AM
source1tx

looks good but the bose is good enough for me, My g35 coupe rattled like crazy after i installed 2 10w0s and a 250/1 it drove me crazy so i took it out and now i just have the equipment sitting colllecting dust in my guest room.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:35 AM
finagle69

Originally Posted by aznutx
do you have any pictures of the install with the powercable from batt>trunk that's all im interested in, i been working on a custom box in the span of these last three months haha i dont get alot of time off
man i'm sorry, i didn't take any pics at all of the routing of +12VDC... it was late and i just wanted to get done. i will say, however, that it's very easy. once you penetrate the grommet just behind the battery, feed the wire through, take the glove box out and you'll see the wire. from there, it's just a matter of feeding it down and through the channel under the kick plates.

and yeah, back seat is still fully intact, this did nothing at all to the space in the cabin. now SITTING in the back seat with the system full on probably wouldn't be my first choice.

@oOmikeyboy: glad i could be an inspiration! Craigslist is just great. the two guys i bought from were awesome people and gave me great deals.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:53 AM
finagle69

this pic was requested on Driver, so i figured i'd post it here also. a shot of the rear seat down, back of the zenclosure. note that the seat can be put in its full and upright position.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:47 PM
finagle69

just a quick update:

yesterday while driving home, i noticed when i made a sharp turn that the amp would cut out, then come back on..

when i got home i pulled on the remote on wire and it pulled right out. this being a used amp, the hex screw for the remote on is fairly stripped.. even a torx bit i had wouldn't make it any tighter. this was after stepping the wire up to 16AWG speaker wire via butt-splice.

so i pulled it out, turned on the Signal Sensing and haven't looked back. the amp basically looks for an sound signal on the RCA inputs and powers the amp if it sees it. seems to work just fine.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:15 PM
finagle69

Update. I purchased a 4080 enclosure from the recent (still ongoing) group buy.

This past Saturday, with the help of Wezbian (not really) and Extreme G (very much), we relocated the 500/1 amp to under the passenger side plastic piece in the trunk ala this thread.

I'll get the new enclosure on Wednesday, but may not be able to install it untill Thursday as Wed will be a night at the drag strip.

I'll post pics when I'm done.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:49 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Update. I purchased a 4080 enclosure from the recent (still ongoing) group buy...
cool...i love the 4080 enclosure...thought bout moving my amp under the mat too when i did my install....but will we have heat issues?

Quick Reply: Minimal audio install