Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Any way to skip AM with source button?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 06:39 PM
dean2900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any way to skip AM with source button?

This has been an annoyance on my last three cars. I can switch from FM/CD/XM with the source button but they all go through AM as one of the options. Is there a way to bypass this? I would like to bypass both AM and FM.

Hell, does anyone even broadcast on AM anymore?

Dean
Old 07-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by dean2900
This has been an annoyance on my last three cars. I can switch from FM/CD/XM with the source button but they all go through AM as one of the options. Is there a way to bypass this? I would like to bypass both AM and FM.

Dean
Still tons of good programming on AM, the signal quality just sucks.

If you set all your presets to whatever XM stations you like and don't include any AM stations, I think the source button will toggle from XM presets, to AUX, to CD, etc. If there are no
FM or AM presets, I don't think it will got to AM. I'm not sure of this but try it and see if it works.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:47 PM
dean2900

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Still tons of good programming on AM, the signal quality just sucks.

If you set all your presets to whatever XM stations you like and don't include any AM stations, I think the source button will toggle from XM presets, to AUX, to CD, etc. If there are no
FM or AM presets, I don't think it will got to AM. I'm not sure of this but try it and see if it works.
I only have programmed in my 4 favorite XM stations on the loaner. I dont want to customize a loaner too much

I hope you are right though!
Old 07-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by dean2900

Dean
Dean,

Yes, some of us listen to Rush L. and Dr. Laura and AM is perfect for talk shows. Believe it or not, I rarely listen to FM, SAT or CD...

To answer your question; I think the disc/aux button might do the trick for you.

Semper Fi
Old 07-20-2008, 11:34 AM
dean2900

Originally Posted by Former USMC
Dean,

Yes, some of us listen to Rush L. and Dr. Laura and AM is perfect for talk shows. Believe it or not, I rarely listen to FM, SAT or CD...

To answer your question; I think the disc/aux button might do the trick for you.

Semper Fi
You can still listen to most of the talk shows on XM. Anyways, I did figure it out. I cant skip FM with the SOURCE button the stearing wheel but I just assinged two FM stations (which I still listen to) so now the soucr goes through CD/FM/XM with no dead air in between.

Honestly, I do listen mainly to XM especially in the morning as I hate morning talk radio but Satellite Radio is not as good as I had hoped when I first got it about 4 years ago. They still have ads in between songs at times, you do hear repeat loops on stations and I sometimes wish they would have DJs on some of the stations I lsiten to.

However, all the talk shows usually come on FM also. I hate AM because of how week the signal is.

Dean