Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

two 10's or one 12?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 01:46 AM
siperwrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dillyyo
Yeah, you are right! Man, you sure do present a credible argument!
Why would I need to repeat what's already been said correctly, which you incorrectly refuted?
Old 09-18-2008, 07:01 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by siperwrx
Why would I need to repeat what's already been said correctly, which you incorrectly refuted?
Ok, you keep believing what was already said. I should have known better since you have contributed so much of your expertise knowledge.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:27 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm surprised at how negative your responses have been in this entire thread dillyyo.. there was a thread a number of months ago in which you provided some great thought and ideas. what made this strike a cord with you?

btw, my choice would be (2) 10's over (1) 12. more SPL. the "quality" difference will be imperceptible if at all.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
siperwrx

Ok, you keep believing what was already said. I should have known better since you have contributed so much of your expertise knowledge.
Its not "believing what was already said," its believing what I know to be true AND what was already said. You don't need to be so sassy and negative simply because people disagree with you. This is supposed to be a board where people help eachother understand various facets of our cars, not a pissing contest to who answers more questions correctly...
Old 09-18-2008, 09:27 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by siperwrx
Its not "believing what was already said," its believing what I know to be true AND what was already said. You don't need to be so sassy and negative simply because people disagree with you. This is supposed to be a board where people help eachother understand various facets of our cars, not a pissing contest to who answers more questions correctly...
LOL! There is no pissing contest as far as I can see. If there was you wopuld be the equivelant of just talking about how far you can **** and I would be showing as to why I say I can **** that far. My problem with you is that you come into a thread and don't even state any type of credible position, but just refute what I say as wrong. If I am wrong then please present as to what I said that was so inaccurate. Since this is not an audio forum, I am not going to just start spewing supporting evidence of my statements without you first at least stating what you find wrong with what I stated.

Yes, this is the reason I am being kurt with you as other members on this board will be mislead by your frivilous statement, when I have seen you supply no information or help for any of them. If you TRULY want to contribute then state what you are refuting, with substantial argumentative points. Then we could carry on an intelligent debate and maybe you, I or members of this forum could be educated.

Last edited by dillyyo; 09-18-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:35 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by finagle69
i'm surprised at how negative your responses have been in this entire thread dillyyo.. there was a thread a number of months ago in which you provided some great thought and ideas. what made this strike a cord with you?

btw, my choice would be (2) 10's over (1) 12. more SPL. the "quality" difference will be imperceptible if at all.

My negativity comes from people who decide to post such blatantly wrong information and then never coming back to at least refute or acknowledge their wrongful conveyance of information. And then you have posters like the one two posts above who just decides to say I am wrong but never provides any reason or substantial argument as to why he or she states that. If you look back at any of my posts, I have always supplied informative info so that other members can make informative decisions. They can take the info that I presented and do research to see if I remotely knew what I was talking about.

I'm sorry if you saw my original responses in this thread as negative, but I was only trying to throw in a little bit of humor as it amazes me that people somehow come out with this garbage. Unfortunately it is and has been a large part of the automotive audio business. Feed suckers BS so we can just make more money, meanwhile these installers/shops don't know as much information as I have forgotten in my life. It's sad and it just pisses me off that members of a forum are misled because of various posters ignorance, due to lack of seeking proper education.

BTW, you final statement is exactly what I stated in my original responses, just in a cliff notes form.

Last edited by dillyyo; 09-18-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:26 PM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Where do you guys get your smoke because I really need some of that ****z!! I don't know how else one can come up with such nonsense!

Original poster, please do some research as post is rather ill informed. In short and all that really matters between 2 10's and 1 12 is that you will have more surface area and pick up some extra dB's. The point this poster made about going deeper or more applicable for different music is nonsense. Think 1. do i have the sapce or want to take up the space with 2 10's? 2. Do I want to pay more money for the little bit of extra sound level I will get? 3. Do I want to purchase or allocate the extra power for the other sub (unless your running something in parallel or series)? These are the only questions you should concern yourself with.
dillyyo, you beat me to it! I would also add the type of enclosure to achieve a certain sound. What does the OP want as far as sound goes? Quality or quantity? Do you want to sacrifice your trunk or save space? What is your budget? What do you mean by proficient? Loud?

I would not say Grahams post was nonsense, just misinformed. He tried to fill the void of his limited knowledge with assumptions, not good.

Last edited by fcarpio; 09-21-2008 at 12:04 AM.