Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Where's the alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:49 AM
mpbruin108

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's the alarm?

I think for the past week now, my car alarm died. I'm not sure what happend. It just occurred all of the sudden. I mean, the car still beeps when I leave the car on and I have the keys but it does not beeps when I deactivate the alarm or reactivate it anymore. You know that sound to tell you that the car is opened besides the 2 light flashes. NO MORE SOUND! I can't find no switch to it...has this happend to anyone else?

Great...first the car electronics resetting itself and now my alarm just stops making sounds.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:36 AM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would just go to the dealership. go buy an aftermarket alarm; the stock alarm suck hairy *****.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:43 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mpbruin108
I think for the past week now, my car alarm died. I'm not sure what happend. It just occurred all of the sudden. I mean, the car still beeps when I leave the car on and I have the keys but it does not beeps when I deactivate the alarm or reactivate it anymore. You know that sound to tell you that the car is opened besides the 2 light flashes. NO MORE SOUND! I can't find no switch to it...has this happend to anyone else?

Great...first the car electronics resetting itself and now my alarm just stops making sounds.
Stand next to your car, press both lock and unlock buttons for 10 sec. Looks like you just have to program it again to get it to beep. . If that dosen't work, stealership time
Old 07-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Dipstix6996

^^^beat me to it
Old 07-13-2008, 11:52 PM
mpbruin108

Originally Posted by ampdG37
Stand next to your car, press both lock and unlock buttons for 10 sec. Looks like you just have to program it again to get it to beep. . If that dosen't work, stealership time
Thanks man! It worked like a charm but my alarm now sounds girly...high pitched beeping sound. OH well, I'm going to bring it into the dealer to figure it out when I get the time...all this crap never happend to any other car of mine...I guess with more technology, more things are bound to happen.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:36 AM
J.Oh

the alarm is non existent if and when you start checking the OMG THIS HAPPENED OVERNIGHT threads that are around
Old 07-14-2008, 03:34 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The alarm is meant to help stop people from stealing the car, not the wheels or anything on your car.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:38 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aftermarket alarm is the way to go if you want some serious security...
Old 07-15-2008, 02:20 PM
KPierson
Banned

It is possible to add shock sensors / glass sensors / motion sensors to the OEM alarm.

The OEM alarm really isn't that bad - it's built to never false alarm. By adding single stage sensors (you can't add dual stage) you can add security, but you can pretty much guarentee you will have an occasional false alarms (almost all aftermarket alarms do).

I also recomend cutting the wire that goes from the key cylinder in the drivers door to the power window switches - its the wire that allows you to disarm the OEM security system by using your key in the door - this is a known flaw that thieves exploit to disarm the alarm and unlock the doors. With the wire cut this is no longer possible.