Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

LG VX5400 Outgoing Quality via Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Former USMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LG VX5400 Outgoing Quality via Bluetooth

Greetings,

I was curious to know if anyone has experience with a LG VX5400 and the Bluetooth system in the G37. How's the quality? I have successfully paired up the phone and the connection is good. Has anyone seen a excellent connection?

Does anyone use a VX5400 and if so, how is the quality when communicating with others? Can they hear you 5 x 5 (military term for loud and clear)? I can hear others perfectly, but they say I sound muffled? I adjusted the outgoing volume with no apparent difference.

I am thinking it might be the phone on the Infiniti's Bluetooth system. Should I try another LG phone with Bluetooth technology? Much thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Semper Fi
Old 06-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by Former USMC
Greetings,

I was curious to know if anyone has experience with a LG VX5400 and the Bluetooth system in the G37. How's the quality? I have successfully paired up the phone and the connection is good. Has anyone seen a excellent connection?

Does anyone use a VX5400 and if so, how is the quality when communicating with others? Can they hear you 5 x 5 (military term for loud and clear)? I can hear others perfectly, but they say I sound muffled? I adjusted the outgoing volume with no apparent difference.

I am thinking it might be the phone on the Infiniti's Bluetooth system. Should I try another LG phone with Bluetooth technology? Much thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Semper Fi

The Fix

I removed the phone from the Bluetooth system and paired another LG phone to the G37...great clarity with another phone. Therefore, the G37 system is okay.

Re-paired the old VX5400 and presto - brilliant clarity...can't explain it, but works great.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by Former USMC
The Fix

I removed the phone from the Bluetooth system and paired another LG phone to the G37...great clarity with another phone. Therefore, the G37 system is okay.

Re-paired the old VX5400 and presto - brilliant clarity...can't explain it, but works great.
Whoops - road tests reveal back to the original poor quality - listeners can barely hear me.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:49 PM
robotkiller

I have a vx8700 and the bluetooth is unreliable -- it tends to drop the phone and the outgoing sound quality is apparently poor
Old 07-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by robotkiller
I have a vx8700 and the bluetooth is unreliable -- it tends to drop the phone and the outgoing sound quality is apparently poor
R Killer,

Thanks for the feedback...

I ordered a BlueAnt Supertooth 3 Handsfree Bluetooth Speakerphone. If this does not help...I will buy a new cell phone. What's funny is the VX5400 is a great little cell phone; no bells or whistles, nothing fancy, but a really good cell phone - don't know about it's bluetooth capabilities.

Semper Fi