Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

"Phonebook <voicetag>" command doesn't work / How to add multiple phonebook entries?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:37 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jackjohnson
What's weird is that I just reviewed the TSB for the "Infiniti Voice Recognition System Update" (ITB07-042), and it mentions nothing about the "Call <voicetag>" or "Phonebook <voicetag>" being deleted. From the TSB:

System Commands related to the following are deleted in the newer system:

Navigation Specific POI names
Specific map zoom (scale values)
Phone Numbers spoken as groupings (i.e. 17 stated as "seventeen")
Audio Direct satellite radio stations
Radio presets
Direct tuning frequencies
Direct CD track numbers
Climate Control Direct temperature settings (60 – 90 degrees)
woah, you're kidding me!! all of those were deleted? i use just about all of those!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
woah, you're kidding me!! all of those were deleted? i use just about all of those!
Don't get me started! I've been kissing my service writers *** in hopes that I can get him to download the earlier version for me even though Infiniti corporate's official answer has been not to address the issue.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:35 PM
pdroth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Don't get me started! I've been kissing my service writers *** in hopes that I can get him to download the earlier version for me even though Infiniti corporate's official answer has been not to address the issue.
I don't think dealers have the capability to download anything, BUT the Canada version still has all of the original features.

Seems to me that a swap of the hard drive storing the software can make a lot of owners very happy.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:35 PM
jackjohnson

Absolutely ridiculous. If they don't address this somehow, I can honestly say I will never buy another Infiniti vehicle.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:51 PM
ObsidianGT

Yeah, just toss the cheatsheet away. It's mostly useless now. :\

I see commercials of the Fords (like the new Focus) where the driver says "Call [My bitch]" or "Play [crappy emo band]" and it just INFURIATES ME that this piece of **** car (no offense) has what Nissan is simply DENYING to we owners of a luxury G.

I hope someone comes up with a viable solution to get those commands back. Those of you who got in early are VERY fortunate! You know how cool (and luxurious) it is to control almost all your vehicle interior with your voice? Man....