Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Stereo volume won't decrease enough to hear NAV prompts

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 01:17 PM
jackjohnson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo volume won't decrease enough to hear NAV prompts

If my stereo is is half volume or below and I am using the NAV, during a NAV voice prompt it will lower the stereo volume so that I can hear the NAV, and it works great.

If I'm playing my music loud (say 3/4 volume or above), however, I can slightly hear the NAV prompts attempting to play, but they are drowned out by the music. I have tried turning the NAV volume all the way up, but it's still not loud enough to overpower the stereo at the volume I listen to it. And even if that worked, the NAV volume would ALWAYS be blaring, even when I'm not listening to music.

Now, at the risk of hearing "Just turn your music down" , does anyone know of a setting that that I'm missing besides the overall NAV volume? Anyone else having this problem, or am I the only one that likes to make my eardrums bleed with my music?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide on this. It's driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide on this.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:35 PM
TopTech

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, my G35C dropped the music volume a lot while it played the Nav voice. The G37 doesn't seem to drop the volume hardly at all. Bummer.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Even with the stereo volume pretty loud, my Nav cuts the volume of the music to where it's barely audible during Nav voice prompts. I don't know of any particular setting that does this, I thought it was the default to almost mute the music while Nav voice prompts were being spoken.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:46 PM
lin

nevermind lol
Old 06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When the nav prompts you the next instruction, try turning the volume up. There's a separate volume for nav commands and you can only adjust it when the chick is talking.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:58 PM
jackjohnson

Yea, the separate NAV volume you're talking about is pretty close to all the way up. You can certainly hear it over the stereo when I turn it that high, but the stereo is barely muted. So basically I've got my music blaring, and then Betty yelling at me, all at the same time. Plus, with the NAV volume so loud, when I'm not playing music, Betty is WAY to loud even on her own. I just wish there was a setting to mute the stereo altogether (or close to it) during voice prompts.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by jackjohnson
Yea, the separate NAV volume you're talking about is pretty close to all the way up. You can certainly hear it over the stereo when I turn it that high, but the stereo is barely muted. So basically I've got my music blaring, and then Betty yelling at me, all at the same time. Plus, with the NAV volume so loud, when I'm not playing music, Betty is WAY to loud even on her own. I just wish there was a setting to mute the stereo altogether (or close to it) during voice prompts.
Uh, who the F is Betty??? I know you don't think you G is named Betty do you???
Old 06-11-2008, 08:47 PM
jackjohnson

No, the NAV system is Bitchin Betty. Never heard that before?

Anyway, I would never name my G Betty. J/k dude.