Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Problems with Cruise Control after accident

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:45 AM
Enigma36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with Cruise Control after accident

So i had a front end crash a little more than a month ago.

So i finally got my car back a little more than a week ago. Everything looks good. Drive off, couldn't get the cruise control to work. I have the Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) and both modes wouldn't work. It would turn on in the dash but it would not set. But later that night it worked fine.

Next day worked ok in regular mode (without laser guidance) until i tried to raise the speed and it would shut off. Then i would set it again and it would shut off with out me doing anything to it. Then it quit working all together again.

Took it back to the dealer friday (they were the ones who did the collison repair), got it back today. Aligned the laser and said there is a rock chip on the lens so it may need to be replaced but it worked for them.

Drive off, go down the road, wouldn't work. Did a U-Turn to go back, then it worked! Did another U-turn, kept working fine for another 5 miles. Got on a 2nd freeway and it stopped working.

Waiting for a call back from the collision center so the insurance can replace it under the wreck but my question is why would the laser be affecting the normal cruise control? I can understand if the laser was damaged during the wreck, the ICC would not work properly. When i can set the ICC, it works fine to slow me down where there is a car in front. I haven't figured out a pattern yet as to when it does work. And why would the laser affect the regular cruise?

Any ideas why my cruise control works when it wants to?
Old 06-05-2008, 03:24 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
sounds like a wire is just loose to me...
Old 06-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Enigma36

Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
sounds like a wire is just loose to me...
thats what i was thinking too but they can't seem to find any. This is really pissing me off.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:25 PM
teamepic12

take it to the dealer they should be able to find out whats up
Old 06-06-2008, 11:01 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the regular cruise still uses the laser. I had mine shut off and beep a few times when I got too close to a car in front of me. It's probably in case you forget you're in normal mode.

Other than that, the sun and your wipers can affect ICC. Not sure about normal mode though.