Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Questions refering to radio/xm

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Questions refering to radio/xm

Whats up guys. I got a couple of questions based on our radio.

1. How do you set your present a-b-c stations? I can get a-b-c up on the screen and there are random stations set and i dont know how to change them.

2. I have my present a all set (salesperson did it for me) and there is like a little problem when i scroll down which is just annoying. I.E. stations 1-2-3-4-5. When i scroll down to 4 and i leave it there it would vanish and would skip 5 when i click down and go straigh to one. And the same thing happens when im on 5 going up it would go back to 5. It vanishes if i leave it on 4-5 for like 1-2 seconds. But when i scroll fast without stopping it works fine. How would i fix that? Any1 have that?

3. About XM radio/traffic. Im going to try to get 77 + traffic.. But i just realized we had traffic. I thought that was with our navi is it? do we have one for our navi and one on XM or is traffic just strickly through our XM?

Thanks alot guys

P.S im not lazy but my manual didnt fit in glove compartment and left it somewhere and now caint find it =(.. A lil help please..

Thanks
Old 05-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
Whats up guys. I got a couple of questions based on our radio.

1. How do you set your present a-b-c stations? I can get a-b-c up on the screen and there are random stations set and i dont know how to change them.

On A B or C, you simply tune to the desired statin and press and hold the button you'd like to program it to (1-6) until it beeps and then it's set to that button on A B or C.

2. I have my present a all set (salesperson did it for me) and there is like a little problem when i scroll down which is just annoying. I.E. stations 1-2-3-4-5. When i scroll down to 4 and i leave it there it would vanish and would skip 5 when i click down and go straigh to one. And the same thing happens when im on 5 going up it would go back to 5. It vanishes if i leave it on 4-5 for like 1-2 seconds. But when i scroll fast without stopping it works fine. How would i fix that? Any1 have that?

I have no idea what the hell you are saying.

3. About XM radio/traffic. Im going to try to get 77 + traffic.. But i just realized we had traffic. I thought that was with our navi is it? do we have one for our navi and one on XM or is traffic just strickly through our XM?

I'm not sure what you are asking here either. You can view traffic on our Nav screen (accidents, lane closures, construction, etc.) as well as traffic flow on major roads/highways. You can also tune XM to a station to hear live traffic reports on the radio in many major metro areas including NYC.

Thanks alot guys

P.S im not lazy but my manual didnt fit in glove compartment and left it somewhere and now caint find it =(.. A lil help please..

Thanks
Hope this is somewhat helpful.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:38 PM
vinnys coupe

[QUOTE=vinnys coupe;2337876]

When using my sterring wheel selector.. going down the list 1-6 when i get to 5-6 and scroll bad vanishes and it skips over one another and i caint get passed 5-6. The only way i can get to 5-6 is it if go fast with out stopping on my stored radio station.

People say XM radio comes with traffic. Im pretty sure that they dont mean u can tune in and listen to the traffic station lol.. I think its an extra program that shows you on a map or list where traffic is etc etc. I came across traffic while playing with my navi and i was just wondering if out navi comes with its own traffic guide or is that the XM traffic.[/QUOTE]

thanks sorry for the confusion
Old 05-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

I think I understand what you are trying to communicate... at least I think so.

2) It shouldn't skip over presets 5 or 6. That's not normal and you should probably take it in to be checked out at the dealership.

3) I think that's exactly what it means. There are traffic stations that can be tuned in for many markets that have local traffic announcers with up to the minute traffic and weather reports for your city.

As far as the traffic info that is on the Nav screen (not the XM stations), I don't know if you'll have that functionality without the XM traffic subscription. I would think so. I have always had it and renewed the subscription with traffic, it was only about $20 for the year as I recall to add the traffic.

Maybe someone who renewed with XM but declined traffic, or who didn't renew XM at all could tell you if you still retain the traffic info on the Nav without the XM subscription. I have no way of being able to tell.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:10 PM
bfranks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen what you're talking about with the station skipping. I had to go in and change the preset, then go back to the original preset. It started when I swapped out my XM for Sirius, but it seemed to have messed up random presets (including FM ones). Once I reset the presets everything worked fine (and no repeat of the problem).
Old 05-20-2008, 12:01 AM
vinnys coupe

thanks guys ima have some extra time on my hands tommrow.. im going to reset my presents and ima dead XM radio lol..i think im not sure but i dont really need it.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:55 PM
vinnys coupe

guys i cancelled XM radio and now my traffic does not work. So it doesnt come with our navi. It runs off XM radio its not a station its a program to illustrate us where traffic is. Im going to try to get that out of XM for a nice price..
Old 05-22-2008, 01:58 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
you didnt realize that it wasnt apart of the nav..? when you call and activate your XM they ask you if you want traffic...
Old 05-22-2008, 03:29 PM
bfranks

I guess there was a little confusion as to what you were asking. There are two things that come with the XM. There is a traffic channel that you access with the radio, basically just gives you traffic updates and such. Then there is the XM traffic service which is tied into the nav and gives you visual indication of wrecks, traffic flow, etc. To get the XM traffic service without an XM radio subscription is $9.99 a month. I called a few times to try to get them to come off that price and they wouldn't budge. They don't seem to like selling it without the radio subscription. Let us know if you have any better luck.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by bfranks
I guess there was a little confusion as to what you were asking. There are two things that come with the XM. There is a traffic channel that you access with the radio, basically just gives you traffic updates and such. Then there is the XM traffic service which is tied into the nav and gives you visual indication of wrecks, traffic flow, etc. To get the XM traffic service without an XM radio subscription is $9.99 a month. I called a few times to try to get them to come off that price and they wouldn't budge. They don't seem to like selling it without the radio subscription. Let us know if you have any better luck.
Are you not aware that people are getting XM radio and traffic for $77/yr? that's $6.41 a month. How cheap were you trying to get it for?
Old 05-22-2008, 04:51 PM
bfranks

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Are you not aware that people are getting XM radio and traffic for $77/yr? that's $6.41 a month. How cheap were you trying to get it for?
That $77 deal is for radio only. Everyone that got that deal added the traffic for $3.99 a month on top of that. I swapped my XM receiver for a Sirius receiver. I was willing to keep the Nav traffic if they would give me the traffic only for under $5. I personally found it fairly useless anyway, so I'm kind of glad they didn't come off the price.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by bfranks
That $77 deal is for radio only. Everyone that got that deal added the traffic for $3.99 a month on top of that. I swapped my XM receiver for a Sirius receiver. I was willing to keep the Nav traffic if they would give me the traffic only for under $5. I personally found it fairly useless anyway, so I'm kind of glad they didn't come off the price.
Gotcha!
Old 05-22-2008, 05:00 PM
bfranks

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Gotcha!
You live in Houston. Did you find the nav traffic useful? I live on the north side, and found that most of the accidents weren't listed, and the ones that were listed were no longer there. And while the traffic flow information was neat, it usually just told me what I already knew....that I was screwed.

I don't fault the system, as it relies on outside sources (people actually reporting the accidents), I just didn't find it that useful.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:25 PM
vinnys coupe

Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
you didnt realize that it wasnt apart of the nav..? when you call and activate your XM they ask you if you want traffic...
and where were you when i posted this BLAKE!!!! lmaooo

but yea i think i might just get traffic or get the 77/w traffic. w.e but i do want traffic
Old 05-22-2008, 09:42 PM
bfranks

Just for the record, the $77 is just for radio. It's another $48 on top of that for traffic. I think you get some sort of discount if you pay in full by credit card (can't remember if it's $10 or 10%).

Quick Reply: Questions refering to radio/xm