Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Lost Bluetooth connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Fluxus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost Bluetooth connectivity

About a week ago I noticed that my phone did not automatically connect to the car when I got in. I went into the menu and saw that my phone was still listed in the system. But when i tried to connect, it would say no phone available. I made sure bluetooth was active on the phone. I turned the phone off and back on hoping the reboot of the phone would fix the problem. It didn't. Then I went back into the G37 system and tried to delete the phone. I was hoping that be re-adding the phone the problem would be solved.

Unfortunately, I was not able to delete the phone. The system just froze when I tried. It didn't "lock up" as I was able to hit the back button and get out of that screen. But it also didn't delete the phone.

So, two things. Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:18 PM
cskubis

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I had a similar problem about 3 months ago, but in my case I believe it is my phone. The 1st time it happened, I did the delete + add phone to the car, which worked fine for about a week. When it happened again, I disabled bluetooth on my phone, turned it off, turned it back on, and enabled bluetooth and it worked again. I used to leave my phone on 24/7, but I guess it needs to be shut off from time to time so bluetooth doesn't hose up. Haven't had a problem since.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:14 PM
marsb007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you happen to have some type of smartphone (specifically a windows mobile smartphone or PDA), then you're not alone. Mine frequently loses connection to the car. A soft reset of the phone solves the problem.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Ghost Light

Blackberry

I am having the same problem now. My bluetooth worked great for months now the car will not see the phone. My phone is still in my device paired list on the car and the phone shows bluetooth connectivity but the car says no connection.

I have tried turning of the car, the phone, deleting the phone from the car and removing the car from the phone and repairing both and still no go.

My next step is to try a friends phone and if it connects it is my phone, but if not, time to head back to the dealer.

Has anyone had this problem in the oast as was able to resolve it??
Old 08-08-2008, 10:45 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghost Light
I am having the same problem now. My bluetooth worked great for months now the car will not see the phone. My phone is still in my device paired list on the car and the phone shows bluetooth connectivity but the car says no connection.

I have tried turning of the car, the phone, deleting the phone from the car and removing the car from the phone and repairing both and still no go.

My next step is to try a friends phone and if it connects it is my phone, but if not, time to head back to the dealer.

Has anyone had this problem in the oast as was able to resolve it??
I just had the same thing happen with my Blackberry, please let me know what you come up with.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:22 PM
cye2k

This has happened to me twice with the Blackberry. In both cases it was because the battery was low and went back to normal behavior when it was properly charged.

cye2k
Old 08-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Happens to me randomly and I have a LG Voyager. Then if I turn the car off and come back, it works fine again.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:22 PM
DoctorTuna

This used to happen with my Acura RL, I was using the Sony Ericcson T610. I would basically reboot the phone and manually reconnect with the car, would fix it for months, it would randomly occur. I use the PPC-6700 smartphone with the G and haven't had any issues. Sounds like the dealer needs to look at it if a phone reboot doesn't help.