Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Inside door pics of Premium Audio cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 05:28 PM
KahnQuistador

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xander
nice install btw
Thanks.

Unless you're running more than 150 watts, you might save some $$$ using the stock wire.

Did you measure the stocks to determine what gauge they are? I eyeballed them and they looked ok but I didn't actually measure the size.

On the Bluetooth, I've found the volume much louder with the new set up. I'm not sure that the center is used for music though it might be. If it is, I might look at using the 3sixty to work with it. They have a center channel on it. Of course, if ithe center is available, I might have to put a Dyn in there, too.

I've got to play with it for a while before locking down the configuration.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:01 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by KahnQuistador
Thanks.

Unless you're running more than 150 watts, you might save some $$$ using the stock wire.

Did you measure the stocks to determine what gauge they are? I eyeballed them and they looked ok but I didn't actually measure the size.

On the Bluetooth, I've found the volume much louder with the new set up. I'm not sure that the center is used for music though it might be. If it is, I might look at using the 3sixty to work with it. They have a center channel on it. Of course, if ithe center is available, I might have to put a Dyn in there, too.

Even if more than 150, the loss is probably negligible as no one would even hear a 5 watt decrease in volume from 150 to say 145. I have not checked the wiring myself, so I will have to wait for further confirmation.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Pearl05G

Also keeping in mind musically your never seeing near 150 watt.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice setup. I really don't think you need the stock tweets and center channel for imaging. With the fosgate 3sixty.2, you should be able to properly tune your sound stage without the factory tweets and center channel. It would only hurt your imaging. My set up with my morels is just the 9' mid subs, 3.5 inch dome mids and 1' tweets on the doors, my center stage is full without the factory center channel installed. With a little creativity, all of 3 speakers are mounted with at factory location.

I'll be posting pics soon
Old 05-09-2008, 03:31 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by ampdG37
Nice setup. I really don't think you need the stock tweets and center channel for imaging. With the fosgate 3sixty.2, you should be able to properly tune your sound stage without the factory tweets and center channel. It would only hurt your imaging. My set up with my morels is just the 9' mid subs, 3.5 inch dome mids and 1' tweets on the doors, my center stage is full without the factory center channel installed. With a little creativity, all of 3 speakers are mounted with at factory location.

I'll be posting pics soon
Great.....pics is what I would love!
Old 05-09-2008, 03:33 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by Pearl05G
Also keeping in mind musically your never seeing near 150 watt.
So true! And the reason you also won't see 0 gauge wire running through my car

BTW, I saw you called. was in a meeting and I will call once I am out of the office today.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Pearl05G

Not a problem. Gonna be down for some amp 'demo testing' soon?

Control will be via a Denon receiver (midline) and an Eclipse ECD510 along with Dynaudio 52SE monitors. I got a few to play with .. Sinfoni/Alpine F1/TRU Billets and Steels/Genesis DM/Arc SE/ and a really sweet Celestra VA210. Im sure a few more will come out to play as well.

Double blind folded of course.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by Pearl05G
Not a problem. Gonna be down for some amp 'demo testing' soon?

Control will be via a Denon receiver (midline) and an Eclipse ECD510 along with Dynaudio 52SE monitors. I got a few to play with .. Sinfoni/Alpine F1/TRU Billets and Steels/Genesis DM/Arc SE/ and a really sweet Celestra VA210. Im sure a few more will come out to play as well.

Double blind folded of course.
Oh, no doubt!! Give me the time and date!! Any win and keep prizes!?!? haha
Old 05-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KahnQuistador
Thanks.

After my install, because of the proper sound stage tunning, even my phone conversation via bluetooth is in the center of my sound stage... sick!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2008, 09:49 AM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by ampdG37
After my install, because of the proper sound stage tunning, even my phone conversation via bluetooth is in the center of my sound stage... sick!!!!!!
Pics man, PICS!! LOL You guys are blue ballin' me
Old 09-07-2008, 11:55 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
bump this up for any new info or install pics....