Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Ringing sound inside car

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Kream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to hear the faint ring when my system was stock. Now that I'm all aftermarket, I hear a little static.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Dz Nuts

I am also experiencing this issue.

As a side note, I do not have the Navigation package.

But was told by a local audio shop that I do have the Bose system. (not sure if this is accurate?)

From my perspective this high pitched ping seems to be coming from the outside of the vehicle. I only hear the sound when in motion, which is easiest to hear in first gear when accelerating from a stand still. Although I do also hear it during regular driving.

The reason I feel this noise is external is due to the echo effect I hear anytime I'm in the down town area or surrounded by large buildings.

Wanted to share as much information as possible to try to narrow down the issue.

DN
Old 11-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
There's another thread on this as well. Mine is extremely high pitched, almost too high to be heard, but I only notice it when I'm cruising from about 79 to 85 MPH. Probably because of the noise from my Tanabe exhaust drowns it out while accelerating. If anyone gets an answer of fix, please post it.

My car is at the dealership right now for other maintenance and I asked them to check it but I seriously doubt they will say that they can hear it or do anything about it.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:30 AM
batmobile

I had the same issue, only I heard the high pitch noise everytime I pressed the accelerator. Just a tap and I would hear the noise, i took it to the dealer 6 times ( I do not give up!) and finally had it fixed. It is the bose system that causes the issue, A bose rep came to the dealership and actually replaced all of my speakers (don't know if they are updated or not, but the back ones sound better) and now I do not have that noise. Maybe the speakers they used prior are not as good as the '09 models?
Old 11-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by batmobile
I had the same issue, only I heard the high pitch noise everytime I pressed the accelerator. Just a tap and I would hear the noise, i took it to the dealer 6 times ( I do not give up!) and finally had it fixed. It is the bose system that causes the issue, A bose rep came to the dealership and actually replaced all of my speakers (don't know if they are updated or not, but the back ones sound better) and now I do not have that noise. Maybe the speakers they used prior are not as good as the '09 models?
Fantastic to know! I have the Bose, I wonder if everyone else with this issue does? I'm going to replace the entire Bose speaker system anyway so that should cure my issue. Thanks for the information.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:33 AM
batmobile

Originally Posted by Dz Nuts
I am also experiencing this issue.

As a side note, I do not have the Navigation package.

But was told by a local audio shop that I do have the Bose system. (not sure if this is accurate?)

From my perspective this high pitched ping seems to be coming from the outside of the vehicle. I only hear the sound when in motion, which is easiest to hear in first gear when accelerating from a stand still. Although I do also hear it during regular driving.

The reason I feel this noise is external is due to the echo effect I hear anytime I'm in the down town area or surrounded by large buildings.

Wanted to share as much information as possible to try to narrow down the issue.

DN
Easy to tell if you have the bose system, open your doors and look at the speaker in the door. If it says bose on it then you got it, also when you turn the radio up if you can feel the bass in your entire body then you have the bose system.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Dz Nuts

Originally Posted by batmobile

Great to know, thanks Batmobile!

I'm also planning on upgrading the system and will be happy when the noise is gone.

DN
Old 11-02-2008, 12:08 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sept 2007 Build, 5AT Journey.. no noise here. It might be helpful if everyone with the noise listed their build date (sticker on driver side) and model to see if there's a common denominator.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:30 PM
delfin2003
Registered Member

had some sound, ended up adjusting my steering wheel up and down..fixed the issue
Old 11-14-2008, 01:05 AM
kkokko
Registered Member

have the same issue, i do not have bose..
Old 01-17-2009, 02:54 PM
K37

Any of you guys fix this issue? and if so whats the ticket? i've tried a few g37's at the dealer and they all have the same ringing sound. its safe to say its getting on my nerves.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Mad Money Murph

Got mine about a month ago and noticed it the second day I had it; it was built in June of 08 had Bose but no Navi - it does have XM and thought that might have something to do with it. Took it in and the dealer said it was quote "normal; unless the engine blows up it's fine". No kidding, thanks the f*&% *^% assistance. Took it back a second time and same story, guy says it's normal despite my protests. I don't think it's the stereo though, I had an 07 G35 with the Bose package and it did not make this sound. Also, still makes the noise even with the stereo completely off...I love my car, but this is really getting tiresome.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:12 PM
K37

Contact Bose Headquarters as i have and file a complaint: support@bose.com or call them direct 508-766-9522

i've stepped into quite a few g37 coupes and they ALL make the same sound. Makes me believe Infiniti knows about it and doesnt want to recall unless they get hassled. i plan on informing every g37 owner of this issue so we can get this issue resolved. There is no way in hell this noise is to be considered "normal."
Old 01-26-2009, 02:20 PM
ZACHSQUATCH

maybe the audio is poorly grounded??? ...not sure
Old 01-26-2009, 11:48 PM
SilverTL05

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HELP!!! I have this issues as well.

2009 G37 Sedan, Journey, Prem, Navi, Sports Wheel.

The sound is driving me NUTS!!!!!

Quick Reply: Ringing sound inside car