Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth + audio question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:08 PM
prutkows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth + audio question

is there a way to prevent a bluetooth hands free call from taking over my entire audio system? i.e. is there a way to make/receive a call while still listening to the radio/cd/musicbox/ipod or still being able to view the nav map?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:43 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i can say that with my iphone, it's easy to switch between CAR/PHONE/SPEAKER.

asside from that, if i Slide to Answer on the phone rather than press the Answer button on the car, the call goes to the phone. however, calling from the phone goes to the car.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:49 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
+1 for iPhone..

You're not able to 'listen' to anything else if you're using your cars BT but you should be able to use the Nav map.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
prutkows

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
+1 for iPhone..

You're not able to 'listen' to anything else if you're using your cars BT but you should be able to use the Nav map.
ok, i'll try it the next time i take a drive. I think I remember switching from the call screen to the nav map and having my call disconnect.. maybe it was just a coincidence.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:14 AM
akochman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long as you are already connected with your call you can press map and the nav should show up no problem. If you press the "Use Handset" button once your call is in progress then your music should come back. Hope this helps!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:21 AM
aefederle

For some reason my BT blackberry phone isnt connecting to the BT in the car. It shows up with the blue light on my phone that its connected yet the singal doesnt come up on the nav screen and the car doesnt find the phone. One day it worked...and now it doesnt. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting and aslo deleting it and redoing the intial setup but no luck...kinda buggin me. Havent had time to really sit down and fiddle with it and read the manual but figure i would ask to see if anyone has had this prob and knows what the heck is going on and/or a quick fix? Maybe i'm missin somethin. Thanks!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:27 AM
prutkows

Talking

Originally Posted by aefederle
For some reason my BT blackberry phone isnt connecting to the BT in the car. It shows up with the blue light on my phone that its connected yet the singal doesnt come up on the nav screen and the car doesnt find the phone. One day it worked...and now it doesnt. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting and aslo deleting it and redoing the intial setup but no luck...kinda buggin me. Havent had time to really sit down and fiddle with it and read the manual but figure i would ask to see if anyone has had this prob and knows what the heck is going on and/or a quick fix? Maybe i'm missin somethin. Thanks!
Maybe you're not entering the codes correctly on the phone or car? I think the default is 0123 but I'm not sure. I have the newest bberry curve, 8320 is the model I think, and I have no problems with connecting and using the cars BT. I'm sure you'll figure it out. Good luck
Old 04-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So thought I saw the answer up in this post, if I don't want the phone call to be broadcast through out my car, I just hit the answer on the phone instead of steering wheel control. What about in mid conversation, is there a simple way of switching off the car's bluetooth with out shutting bluetooth off all together?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:24 PM
prutkows

Originally Posted by Graham
So thought I saw the answer up in this post, if I don't want the phone call to be broadcast through out my car, I just hit the answer on the phone instead of steering wheel control. What about in mid conversation, is there a simple way of switching off the car's bluetooth with out shutting bluetooth off all together?

I think the option is "switch to handset" or something.. it should show up on your nav screen when you get a call. it shouldnt disconnect the bluetooth but it should allow you to talk through your phone as if it wasnt connected to your car.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by prutkows
I think the option is "switch to handset" or something.. it should show up on your nav screen when you get a call. it shouldnt disconnect the bluetooth but it should allow you to talk through your phone as if it wasnt connected to your car.
I'm assuming a Non-nav would have the same functions with Bluetooth.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
prutkows

Originally Posted by Graham
I'm assuming a Non-nav would have the same functions with Bluetooth.

yeah, when i said "nav screen" i just meant the LCD screen. If you have the tech package ( i think BT is only available in this package) then it should have the switch to handset option. If you integrated your own BT system though, i don't know how that would work.

There have been times when i've driven with passengers and gotten a phone call and just switched to my phone by selecting the option on the LCD screen in the car. Also, I know that doing that doesnt switch off your BT because when i turned off my car my phone still said "connection with G37 closed"; so that means even after i switched to handset my phone was still BTed to the car.

---Correction, BT is included in the Premium Package, not the Tech Package----
While we're on this topic, does anyone know if theres a voice command to tell your car to answer a phone call? Like, if you're in a situation where you get a phone call but cant look to the screen or click it to answer the call..?
Old 04-07-2008, 03:13 PM
ivory37

to answer the call without an iphone you have to hit answer or pick it up then hit "use handset" on the car's lcd screen. If you want to switch back from the map or whatever just hit phone and it will let you use the speaker again.