Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Seat LCD's

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 02:41 PM
sumo8me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat LCD's

just saw these online...

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...ADREST-MON-2PK

Wondering what you all thought about them or opinions. I'm probably not getting them but it seems pretty cheap right? Anyone know how to hook them up?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
maxipad96

I'm not down with that on the G. I mean how many people are really spending time in the back seat to justify these? Needless overdone mod IMO. Buy some HFC's or something. At least you will see the direct benefit of it instead of just a passenger every now and then.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:57 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

Originally Posted by maxipad96
I'm not down with that on the G. I mean how many people are really spending time in the back seat to justify these? Needless overdone mod IMO. Buy some HFC's or something. At least you will see the direct benefit of it instead of just a passenger every now and then.

i agreee if you have the g35s sedan then go for it knowing that the people in the backseat are going to be watching it but honestly nobody sits in the backseat of my G
Old 04-01-2008, 03:15 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
since December I have had one person sit in the back... A big TV in the trunk would get more action that HR monitors...
Old 04-01-2008, 03:44 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This would be great for those of us who have small kids that sit in the back. Other than that I don't see any good use for it unless it is for show.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:48 AM
prutkows

Originally Posted by sumo8me
just saw these online...

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...ADREST-MON-2PK

Wondering what you all thought about them or opinions. I'm probably not getting them but it seems pretty cheap right? Anyone know how to hook them up?
I've only had my car for about a month and a half but the only person to go in my backseat was me.. when i was checking it out at the dealership. The backseat is so small that the LCD monitors would probably give your backseat passenger (if you ever have any) a headache from sitting too close

And as far as having small children in the back; I'm not a parent, nor am i going to be one any time soon but i dont think anyone in their right mind would buy a g37s (or any coupe for that matter) as a family car!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:02 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

^^There are a couple of people on here that have a G and a family. Why wouldn't you buy a G when you have a family? Two small kids would fit fine back there plus most people would have an additional car too.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:16 AM
prutkows

Originally Posted by bboysteele
^^There are a couple of people on here that have a G and a family. Why wouldn't you buy a G when you have a family? Two small kids would fit fine back there plus most people would have an additional car too.

Maybe a g35 sedan? i dunno, the kids wont be small forever I guess it personal preference.

But i completely agree with the winding road comparison of the g37s and the BMW 1 series coupe. At some point it says the bmw is more for someone who prefers to have passengers while the g37s driver seems to be one who prefers to drive alone, possibly with a passenger in the front seat. not the exact words, but thats the gist of it.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These get stolen a lot too, so make sure you always can park somewhere safe.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:43 AM
maxipad96

Because kids grow.... and fast.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:48 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

They do but I don't think that would stop some members from getting a G. Most families have two cars so say you talk to your significant other and tell them them that we should get a G. The other person says what about Billy and Shaniqua? Where do we put them? You say in the back seat since they are only 3 and 5 years old.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:46 PM
prutkows

They do but I don't think that would stop some members from getting a G. Most families have two cars so say you talk to your significant other and tell them them that we should get a G. The other person says what about Billy and Shaniqua? Where do we put them? You say in the back seat since they are only 3 and 5 years old.
Why thank you; you've successfully proven my point that "no one in their right mind would buy a G37 as a family car". How have you done that? Well, if a family has one kid named Billy and another named Shaniqua.. their definitely a little crazy

edit:

no offense to either of these names or people associated with them.. but you must admit it would be an odd combination of sibling names.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:11 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

^^LMAO...that was the point. And you do know there are mixed couples which might have ethnically different names for their children? You got to have some fun here.