Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Stock Alarm Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:18 AM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock Alarm Issue

For some reason my stock alarm keeps going off randomly. It started acting up when I was at a friends house and parked on the street, but I was pretty sure no one was screwing with it.

So I decided to lock my car in the garage last night to see if it would go off. Sure enough, at 3:00am, the thing went off randomly.

Anyone heard of this issue? I searched G35driver and found some people with a similar problem claiming the hood pin was the issue. Does anyone know where the hood pin that would trigger the alarm is on the g37?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
no issue here ...... yet
Old 03-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Gyoza

Originally Posted by shumby
no issue here ...... yet
Then why post? Too much post whoring on this board if you ask me....
Old 03-20-2008, 10:55 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^^^ ya I can tell. You should apply for the moderators job you'd fit right in. I post to get emails regarding this thread. SO take a chill pill and stop post whoring your self.

As well when people post that they have not had that issue it helps other people figure out if this is a common problem or not by getting an idea of the % both ways.

Last edited by shumby; 03-20-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Gyoza
Then why post? Too much post whoring on this board if you ask me....
You got that right!

But regarding your issue, I don't mean to sound insulting but is it possible that you have the key in your pocket and are inadvertently pressing the panic button? I know that was my culprit on several occasions. I had the keys in my pocket and after the second or third time I figured out that I had change or another key pressing the panic button when I was seated.

Last edited by Black Betty; 03-20-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Gyoza

Black Betty: Thats always my first thought. But like I said, it went off at 3:00am this morning, and I wasnt wearing pants at the time. The fob was sitting on my dresser.

Shumby: Click on "Thread Tools" and then click on "Subscribe to this Thread". Don't waste everyone's time with useless posts which are becoming the majority on this board.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Comatose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the next time it goes off, maybe take a look at the dash -- it will tell u if your door/hood/trunk is open.. which is the criteria (other than the panic btn) for the alarm going off I think? Maybe one of the pin connections are bad..
Old 03-20-2008, 02:50 PM
ultimateendz

any mods on the car like remote start?
Old 03-20-2008, 02:51 PM
nym37

Originally Posted by Gyoza
For some reason my stock alarm keeps going off randomly. It started acting up when I was at a friends house and parked on the street, but I was pretty sure no one was screwing with it.

So I decided to lock my car in the garage last night to see if it would go off. Sure enough, at 3:00am, the thing went off randomly.

Anyone heard of this issue? I searched G35driver and found some people with a similar problem claiming the hood pin was the issue. Does anyone know where the hood pin that would trigger the alarm is on the g37?
i have the same problem with my moms bmw x5. the alarm goes off randomly when she locks the car, i dont know why though
Old 03-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Gyoza

No mods.

I will check the dash next time, thanks for the tip.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:54 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No problems here.... either...

maybe an earthquake is setting it off?
Old 03-20-2008, 08:09 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
You got that right!

...is it possible that you have the key in your pocket and are inadvertently pressing the panic button? I know that was my culprit on several occasions. I had the keys in my pocket and after the second or third time I figured out that I had change or another key pressing the panic button when I was seated.
This happens to me ALL the time when i'm wearing jeans! Sometimes i dont even have anything else in my pocket with the key. Those buttons on the key fob are really sensitive.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:36 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I pop the trunk all the time.... it sucks... at least the CPU tells me that its open!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
O NO

Originally Posted by shumby
I post to get emails regarding this thread. SO take a chill pill and stop post whoring your self.
I think you should chill yourself.
Subscribe to a thread instead of posting all over the place.
You will get emails by subscribing even though you have no posts in the thread.

Another PW we don't need.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:51 PM
cartman13

Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
This happens to me ALL the time when i'm wearing jeans! Sometimes i dont even have anything else in my pocket with the key. Those buttons on the key fob are really sensitive.
LOL... you must be wearing some tight jeans!!!!!!!!!! I think the Key FOB is screaming form the pressure !!!!!! J/K

Any change you the remote got wet or something? Had a problem with a garage door opener that went into the wash once. It would randomly just open the garage. (some kind of short). Maybe take the batteries out of the remotes to see if it's a remote issue or something with the car itself?

just a thought..

Quick Reply: Stock Alarm Issue