Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Stock G37 Radio. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:44 AM
marsb007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It happened again... almost 2 months to the day since the last time. Once again, it was an easy fix... as described above.

If it happens again, I'm taking it to the dealer, on a busy Friday afternoon... this way it gets a few days on its way to get lemoned...
Old 05-16-2008, 01:39 PM
TopTech

Lemon Laws don't cover radio problems.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:54 PM
marsb007

Originally Posted by TopTech
Lemon Laws don't cover radio problems.
Is that a legal opinion?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:16 PM
TopTech

No, but when I investigated the California Lemon Law for my old G35C it specified failures of major systems, like engine/drivetrain, brakes, safety, etc..
Old 05-16-2008, 09:58 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^Ya what he said.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:14 AM
marsb007

Very respectfully, you both are wrong.

Unfortunately, just like *******s, everyone has an opinion... and it usually tends to be wrong. I cannot believe that A) a non attorney is giving a legal opinion as far as what is and what is not a covered lemon law defect and B) a Colorado resident is giving California law advice...

First, I am a licensed attorney in Florida. When I indicated I'd proceed with the lemon law, please believe me that I know what I'm doing, and I've gone through the process at least 6 times for myself, and countless times for different clients. Florida law mirrors most of the law across the nation when it gives you the opportunity to lemon the car under 2 theories:

1) Major/substantial defects (the same) which happen 3-4 times depending on what state you're in...

OR

2) Time out of service for nonconformities/warranty related issues... any warranty related issue. The time given (non-consecutive) would be 30 days... obviously depending on your jurisdiction (check with your local attorney!!!)

(California has a 3rd option, one that would crate a risk of death... but that's not a Florida law, so I can't comment on it...)

So, although the radio would probably not qualify as a substantial issue, as far as declaring it a lemon under the 30+ days, it would... so before you make the decision that you, as a non-attorney, know more than one... please check with the attorney in your area and/or pay attention where the post originated from...

I lemoned a Maserati for a client that had a problem with the GPS connection... although not a huge, "wow" problem, it is enough for purposes of having the car out of service for a certain number of days.

Although I am not, nor do I represent that I am authorized to practice law in California, I obviously have dealt with this issue before, and I can tell you that as far as the law is concerned where I am, I am completely right.

Please, Please, Please... do not represent or make statements like the ones you made above... it does nothing but give an incorrect opinion, and people can take it as fact by assuming you guys actually know what the F you're talking about...

(TopTech, just because I read medical books doesn't make me a doctor, nor does reading the owner's manual of the vehicle make me a mechanic...)

Last edited by marsb007; 05-17-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:04 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by marsb007
Very respectfully, you both are wrong.

Unfortunately, just like *******s, everyone has an opinion... and it usually tends to be wrong. I cannot believe that A) a non attorney is giving a legal opinion as far as what is and what is not a covered lemon law defect and B) a Colorado resident is giving California law advice...

First, I am a licensed attorney in Florida. When I indicated I'd proceed with the lemon law, please believe me that I know what I'm doing, and I've gone through the process at least 6 times for myself, and countless times for different clients. Florida law mirrors most of the law across the nation when it gives you the opportunity to lemon the car under 2 theories:

1) Major/substantial defects (the same) which happen 3-4 times depending on what state you're in...

OR

2) Time out of service for nonconformities/warranty related issues... any warranty related issue. The time given (non-consecutive) would be 30 days... obviously depending on your jurisdiction (check with your local attorney!!!)

(California has a 3rd option, one that would crate a risk of death... but that's not a Florida law, so I can't comment on it...)

So, although the radio would probably not qualify as a substantial issue, as far as declaring it a lemon under the 30+ days, it would... so before you make the decision that you, as a non-attorney, know more than one... please check with the attorney in your area and/or pay attention where the post originated from...

I lemoned a Maserati for a client that had a problem with the GPS connection... although not a huge, "wow" problem, it is enough for purposes of having the car out of service for a certain number of days.

Although I am not, nor do I represent that I am authorized to practice law in California, I obviously have dealt with this issue before, and I can tell you that as far as the law is concerned where I am, I am completely right.

Please, Please, Please... do not represent or make statements like the ones you made above... it does nothing but give an incorrect opinion, and people can take it as fact by assuming you guys actually know what the F you're talking about...

(TopTech, just because I read medical books doesn't make me a doctor, nor does reading the owner's manual of the vehicle make me a mechanic...)
So did I say I was a lawyer? No, I just agree with the other poster that you wouldn't be able to lemon it because you are having issues with the radio. Now please don't tell me what I can put down as my opinion or any other member on here, j%^&@$$. It is my opinion and their opinion so I and they can state it. It might not be and probably is wrong but it is someones opinion not fact. Any educated person would know that. Here is some notes from your BS statements:

Is that a legal opinion?
which the person replied:

Originally Posted by TopTech
No, but when I investigated the California Lemon Law for my old G35C it specified failures of major systems, like engine/drivetrain, brakes, safety, etc..
Do you see anywhere in there were he said he was giving a legal opinion? He said NO. I guess you just didn't read that. I made it bold for you though.

This being the great country that it is I can give my OPINION on any dang topic I want to. Medical advice, I got an opinion. Legal advice, I got an opinion. My opinion will most likely be wrong on these topics but that is up to the person who is receiving my opinion to take into consideration. Don't ever tell someone that they cannot give an opinion on here. You can tell that person their opinion is wrong but don't try posting BS like you just did. If you are an attorney then great but does anyone know that here? Do you have your legal practice contact info as part of your sig or post? I don't see it. As far as anyone here is concerned you are just some Joe Blow in his basement making up lies on the net. If you ever do get your car lemoned due to the radio then please scan the documents and post it on here (with all the private info gone of course). I seriously doubt I will ever see this though.

But Blackjack, IMO I don't think you will no be able to lemon this. marsb007 did state something about a time period and it gets lemoned which does ring some bells with me because when I use to work a Best Buy and we had to lemon a TV because it was in service for a long period of time. He might have a point there but I am not so sure with a radio.

And a reminder, this is a place were we all come to learn and express our joy and anger with our G37s. Everyone has an opinion and those are usually welcomed unless it is off topic or against site rules. And if a poster is dumb enough to take advice from some stranger on the net without checking on the advice/opinion given then that person will screw themselves and hopefully learn a leason. So Blackjack, if you took my advice, or my agreement more like it, without checking on it then you are deedee de. J/K

Last edited by bboysteele; 05-17-2008 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Volant007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ LOL anyhow this also happened to me with my XM presets. If I remember correctly it happened while I was leaving work while still in the parking garage. I get horrible XM reception while in the garage so I wondered if this had anything to do with the system not scrolling through all the presets. Any ideas. anyway it only happened once (last week) hope it doesnt happen again because it was annoying!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:57 AM
marsb007

apparently people do not know the difference between...

1) I don't think this is a covered lemon law problem
and
2) Lemon Laws don't cover radio problems.

One is opinion, the other one is stated as fact. I was merely pointing out that you were wrong... why was I doing that might you ask?

Because someone might lose out on their rights to take advantage of the lemon law because someone that doesn't have a clue of what they're talking about makes the fact statement above.

Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, and more than free to share it... just make sure that everyone else knows it's your opinion and don't mislead people otherwise. And, you, as staff, should also know that if the other guy is entitled to his opinion, then so am I... yet because you agree with his version and not mine, you feel it necessary to be a d-bag...

I never meant to be disrespectful to either one of you... I was merely trying to state what the correct law is. Take it or leave it... everyone is entitled to their opinion... not everyone is entitled to mistate a fact.

On topic however, this seems as it is a widespread issue. A lot of us are having the same problem, and unless we tell someone about it, nothing will ever get done. If it happens again, as stated before, I intend to take it to the dealer to figure out what is causing the problem... if not a major problem, it is certainly a very annoying and inconvenient one.

Last edited by marsb007; 05-18-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:46 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

apparently people do not know the difference between...

1) I don't think this is a covered lemon law problem
and
2) Lemon Laws don't cover radio problems.

One is opinion, the other one is stated as fact. I was merely pointing out that you were wrong... why was I doing that might you ask?

Because someone might lose out on their rights to take advantage of the lemon law because someone that doesn't have a clue of what they're talking about makes the fact statement above.

Of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, and more than free to share it... just make sure that everyone else knows it's your opinion and don't mislead people otherwise. And, you, as staff, should also know that if the other guy is entitled to his opinion, then so am I... yet because you agree with his version and not mine, you feel it necessary to be a d-bag...

I never meant to be disrespectful to either one of you... I was merely trying to state what the correct law is. Take it or leave it... everyone is entitled to their opinion... not everyone is entitled to mistate a fact.

On topic however, this seems as it is a widespread issue. A lot of us are having the same problem, and unless we tell someone about it, nothing will ever get done. If it happens again, as stated before, I intend to take it to the dealer to figure out what is causing the problem... if not a major problem, it is certainly a very annoying and inconvenient one.
Then you should have just stated that we were wrong and the reasons behind why we were wrong and your credentials such as being a lawyer. I have no problem with someone stating I am wrong with my opinion. And people on here are old enough to decide if they should follow the advice of someone on this forum especially if it is legal advice. The is a car forum and not a legal troubles forum so they should know to take advice on that subject with a grain of salt. Again my problem was with you stating that what we said was fact after you asked the poster who gave his opinion if it was legal advice and he said NO. If that wasn't there then I would not have had to big of an issue with your post. The nice thing about this forum is we all come from different backgrounds and experiences and this can be beneficial to all. I am a network engineer and most people who know that on here know that if they have a network question then they can PM me and I will help them out if I can. I have received PMs in the past from people wanting advice on certification tests like the CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, MCSP, etc. We are all here to help each other out or at least we should be. So just post with a little kindness next time and don't be a d-bag either because that is how your post came across just as mine came across to you in the same fashion. Thank you for the follow up post. It shows that you didn't have a malicious attitude and that you were trying to help out the poster.