Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Invisible Mobile Radio Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:45 PM
ukoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shumby
Het ukoner you was it you that got the splash guards ordered from erickson and shi pped up to you? Because they are telling me they are not available.
Yes, I have them sitting in the garage waiting for an opportunity to be able to get the underside of the car clean enough to install them (can't wash it at home this time of year, and can't drive home from the car wash without it getting coated underneath where the guards go).

Don't understand why they would not be available - unless it's either a supply or a colour issue.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:59 PM
bfranks

"The satellite radio service is spotty because any geostationary satellites are quite low on the horizon."

Just FYI, Sirius satellites are not geostationary (3 sats, in overlapping orbits, so that two are always visible), so you might give them a try.

Coverage Map
Old 03-01-2008, 01:24 AM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by bfranks
"The satellite radio service is spotty because any geostationary satellites are quite low on the horizon."

Just FYI, Sirius satellites are not geostationary (3 sats, in overlapping orbits, so that two are always visible), so you might give them a try.

Coverage Map
This comment was directed to my questioning in regards to satellite phone usage, not Sirius.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:02 AM
bfranks

Originally Posted by dillyyo
This comment was directed to my questioning in regards to satellite phone usage, not Sirius.
Don't think so....but could be wrong. Iridium, along with most other sat phone satellites are not in geostationary orbit either. Iridium sats are in polar orbit, so he shouldn't have much issues with the sats being low on the horizon. XM on the other hand would be very low on the horizon seeing as how they are geostationary over the equator. Either way....useful information for anyone living that far north
Old 03-01-2008, 11:30 AM
ukoner

Originally Posted by bfranks

Coverage Map
Yes, I am looking forward to the merger with Sirius and XM - as the car comes with XM.