Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Sirius in 08 G37 Works.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:38 PM
bfranks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by delfin2003
guys, I have installed the radio, but I am running into some problems. When I try to switch a channel, it does not respond, until I hit the button twice. Sometimes I need to hit it 3 times to switch a channel. Anybody esle has this issue?Radio is not activated yet, might that be the problem?And sometimes it responds when I hit up or down button once..weird, this bothers me a lot
I had this problem at first (at least I think it was the same issue). It wasn't responding correctly, and I was only getting some of the channels (10-15 of them). This was all before I activated the unit. Once I activated it everything started working correctly. We really should only be getting the subscription channel (184 I believe), so no idea why it's half @ss working before it's activated. Hopefully it will clear up for you after you activate it.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:45 PM
delfin2003
Registered Member

yep, activated, no problems now
Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 AM
bfranks

yep, activated, no problems now
Good to hear
Old 03-09-2008, 12:10 PM
mcp202

guys, I have installed the radio, but I am running into some problems. When I try to switch a channel, it does not respond, until I hit the button twice. Sometimes I need to hit it 3 times to switch a channel. Anybody esle has this issue?Radio is not activated yet, might that be the problem?And sometimes it responds when I hit up or down button once..weird, this bothers me a lot

I believe I had the same issue as well before I activated the radio. Glad to hear it is working.

On a side note, I have lost my signal from time to time while driving. I did not have this problem with XM. Hopefully, moving the antenna will solve this problem.

Has anyone noticed that if you press "info" it does not display the artist, title etc? I have to touch "text" on the screen to display the artist, title etc.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:39 PM
bfranks

I haven't had any issues with losing signal, but we have a terrestrial repeater in Houston, so that probably helps. Florida has the following (though it might not be a complete list).

Florida

* Ft. Lauderdale
* Jacksonville
* Miami
* Orlando
* Tampa

As for display.....did you mean "status" and not "info"? I don't recall "info" ever displaying that information.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:21 PM
mcp202

Originally Posted by bfranks
I haven't had any issues with losing signal, but we have a terrestrial repeater in Houston, so that probably helps. Florida has the following (though it might not be a complete list).

Florida

* Ft. Lauderdale
* Jacksonville
* Miami
* Orlando
* Tampa

As for display.....did you mean "status" and not "info"? I don't recall "info" ever displaying that information.

Yes, you are correct! That was the button I was looking for. I thought I may have been pressing the wrong one.

It looks like I have one. I had Sirius in my 04 g35 sedan and I lost the signal once in a while. I have Howard back. I am willing to live with it.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:08 PM
TXG37S

I know most of the talk about adding the Sirius receiver has been for cars with navigation. Has anyone added the receiver who doesn't have navigation? If so, did you have any issues?

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:09 AM
TXG37S

anyone?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:33 AM
bfranks

Mine has Nav, so not sure how much help I can be. What sort of "issues" are you referring to? Install issues, or issues after install?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:52 AM
delfin2003
Registered Member

how did you guys mount the receiver?using some 3M tape and zip-ties?

damn it, should've gotten a GTR..
Old 03-11-2008, 11:05 AM
bfranks

I used the double-sided tape and mounted it between the two black plasitc pieces. It made it easy to run the antenna cable through that opening too.
Attached Thumbnails Sirius in 08 G37 Works.-receiver.jpg  
Old 03-11-2008, 06:06 PM
TXG37S

Originally Posted by bfranks
Mine has Nav, so not sure how much help I can be. What sort of "issues" are you referring to? Install issues, or issues after install?
I want to be positive if I replace the XM receiver with a Sirius receiver that the station and song info for Sirius WILL appear on the screen. I've seen pictures on this thread that it works on a car with NAV but, has anyone tried it on a car without NAV?

I don't want to buy the Sirius receiver and it not work.

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:23 PM
bfranks

Several guys on the myg35 forums have done it with no issues. Not having Nav should actually make it easier for you since you are actually replacing an external receiver instead of using a legacy cable and having it over-ride the internal receiver.

One thing that will be interesting is to see if you can use the stock XM antenna. I've used XM antennas on Sirius before, but I've seen posts saying both yay and nay for the G's XM antenna.

Worst case scenario, the guys at Grubbs are really good about returns. When I originally wanted to return the unit, they were going to cover return shipping (sent me a prepaid FedEx label) and not charge me any restocking fee.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:36 PM
delfin2003
Registered Member

guys, so I've installed sirius antenna as close to the rear windshield as possible..but get no signal,even tried moving it around, I have Huper Optik on the rear window. As soon as I put it on the dashboard, everythign is working. Ofcourse, my dash does not have film. The I have a tiny spot toward the roof which is missing some Huper film, and if I bring it to that spot, it starts working. Does anybody esle have this problem? If no, and you windows are tinted, what film/antenna did you get? I got Dot Ultra Low Profile Vehicle Antenna. I thought Huper was all ceramic..
Old 03-11-2008, 10:58 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
yay for me!!! the guy i sold my g35 to does not intend to renew my annual sirius subscription so he says i can have the reciever back!! i installed it myself in the 35 and it looks easier than that to install it in the 37.

Quick Reply: Sirius in 08 G37 Works.