Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Sirius in 08 G37 Works.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 AM
kmassey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grubbs is sending me a new unit.

I tried 3 different antennas with no luck. FYI to anyone who wants to try this. I was able to locate my connector and install the unit by simply lifting the trunk mats from my car.

I have a '08 with Nav. There is an opening in the trunk floor panel above and to the right of where the jack is stored. This opening is large enough to reach in and locate the pigtail.

I simply cut the tape holding it down, pulled it out of the opening, plugged it in. The entire unit fit through the opening. I ran the antenna under the carpet and up to the rear window sill. Very simple.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:07 AM
kmassey

I know this was a while ago but I want to provide an update. Grubbs exchanged my unit and all is well. So I did in fact have a bad unit.

How did we wind up with two threads on the same topic?
Old 10-04-2008, 05:22 PM
bfranks

Originally Posted by kmassey
I know this was a while ago but I want to provide an update. Grubbs exchanged my unit and all is well. So I did in fact have a bad unit.

How did we wind up with two threads on the same topic?
There's a lot more then two threads on this topic .

Glad to hear Grubbs took care of you though, and that all is working well now.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Alex77FL

Talking XM WITH Best of Sirius Package available!

Hey all,

I just upgraded my free trial for $4 a mo. extra...and I'm sure it's going to be my 2nd best purchase this year (next to my G37)!

It's $16.99 a mo. and look at what you get! I haven't tried it yet, but how can you go wrong w/ the Martha Stewart channel???!!!

Over 180 channels, including every XM channel, Plus The Best of SIRIUS, including NFL play-by-play, two full-time Howard Stern channels, NASCAR® races and shows, as well as Playboy Radio and Martha Stewart Living Radio. Now, for the first time, you can have it all!
Old 10-10-2008, 05:59 PM
bfranks

I guess it comes down to a personal preference. I much prefer the music on Sirius over XM. If you liked the selection on XM and just wanted the NFL or Stern, then that's a great deal. I'm still a bit disappointed that they are only dual broadcasting 5 stations each.....
Old 10-10-2008, 08:43 PM
04STi208G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dead

Yeah, I was hopin' they would include the Grateful Dead Channel.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:17 PM
wessg37s

Smile Sirius does work in G37S without NAV

well there seemed to much confusion about converting to Sirius in a 2008 G37S without NAV.

I finally got my parts this weekend and it works even better than expected.

If anyone has questions hit me back, i am a car junky who is always playing with audio junk. Here is my link for install.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...32#post2449732
Old 11-09-2008, 09:12 AM
jerryr

Music to be the same on XM and Sirius on Nov 12th

Although not officially published it appears XM and Sirius will combine its music channels on November 12th. There will be no difference between the two types of Sat service as far as music is concerned. You can jump on any for the Sat forums and verify. There is almost no information on which channels live and which die but we will all know next week.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:21 PM
bfranks

Very interesting. It's probably not a good sign that neither XM or Sirius has announced anything official considering the magnitude of the change and the fact that it's less then a week away. I guess we will know soon enough.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:48 PM
04STi208G37
Registered Member

Combined

Originally Posted by bfranks
Very interesting. It's probably not a good sign that neither XM or Sirius has announced anything official considering the magnitude of the change and the fact that it's less then a week away. I guess we will know soon enough.
And what the heck were they doing selling the add on (Best of Sirius). They must not have known they were going to do it. Makes me wonder what they are up against. It's a change of direction for sure.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:50 PM
bfranks

Originally Posted by 04STi208G37
And what the heck were they doing selling the add on (Best of Sirius). They must not have known they were going to do it. Makes me wonder what they are up against. It's a change of direction for sure.
This only applies to the music channels. If you want Stern, NFL, etc on XM you still have to buy the "Best Of Sirius" package.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:46 PM
04STi208G37
Registered Member

Oh

Originally Posted by bfranks
This only applies to the music channels. If you want Stern, NFL, etc on XM you still have to buy the "Best Of Sirius" package.
oh, nevermind
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 PM
ajbrutico

How bout in the '09?

Im sure that there's probably not much difference in the electronics of the 09 G37 -- anyone have this option working with NAV in this years model? According to Bullit, the Grubbs Sirius Reciever works well in the car even with NAV. Im still a little confused how they differ (from models without NAV).

Anyways, im not willing to give up Stern

Thanks for any info.

AJB
Old 04-04-2009, 05:05 PM
04STi208G37
Registered Member

Holy Thread Ressurection

Originally Posted by ajbrutico
Im sure that there's probably not much difference in the electronics of the 09 G37 -- anyone have this option working with NAV in this years model? According to Bullit, the Grubbs Sirius Reciever works well in the car even with NAV. Im still a little confused how they differ (from models without NAV).

Anyways, im not willing to give up Stern

Thanks for any info.

AJB
Add Best of Sirius Package to you current XM sub.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:51 AM
ajbrutico

I guess my situation is that I'm trying to save money. Yes you can install the best of sirius on your XM radio, however, Sonos, only allows sirius subscriptions (for satellite radio) on their device. My issue is that i need to keep a sirius subscription in order to use it on my sonos. My old car has sirius. If I remove sirius from my old car, then i lose my sonos sirius. So i thought I'd put my sirius in my new car, so i can keep siius on my sonos.... I wish Sonos would allow XM, then I could easily just cancel Sirius, and have one XM account for my Acura, G37, and my home. Grrrrr

Quick Reply: Sirius in 08 G37 Works.