Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

phone #'s from navigation

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:00 PM
tampa pb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phone #'s from navigation

can you get phone numbers from a POI that has been searched? the Voyager and several other phones and providers allow this...

Last edited by tampa pb; 01-21-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:04 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
No, for whatever reason [Infiniti] decided you cannot get info from a P.O.I. whether this was a safety feature or to hard to program, don't know. I usually just use my iPhone to get an address/phone number and dial or route from there. Kinda sucks we can't get phone numbers from our Nav.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
iko

Infiniti's nav is pretty weak compared to other brands. Better than some though, for sure.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:11 PM
tampa pb

kinda sucks a LOT. for what we paid for this nav, it leaves a lot desired. i can find a POI faster on my voyager, and it gives more info. i am sure the iphone is the same. hopefully they will have an update to it? prob not though
-------------------------------------------------------
i have seen the option where you can put in a phone number, and it should find the address for you? anyone tried this?

Last edited by tampa pb; 01-21-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:17 PM
iko

Originally Posted by tampa pb
kinda sucks a LOT. for what we paid for this nav, it leaves a lot desired. i can find a POI faster on my voyager, and it gives more info. i am sure the iphone is the same. hopefully they will have an update to it? prob not though
I doubt it. Nav improvements (if you can call it that) are minimal or possibly worse from what is in my G vs. what is in my 06 M35x. My wife's MDX has a great Nav system.

Sadly, I've had to turn to using my GPS enabled blackberry and google maps at times.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:19 PM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by iko
I doubt it. Nav improvements (if you can call it that) are minimal or possibly worse from what is in my G vs. what is in my 06 M35x. My wife's MDX has a great Nav system.

Sadly, I've had to turn to using my GPS enabled blackberry and google maps at times.
i have an 8830, i think you mentioned in a prev post you have that model also? i assume that you can get phone numbers from that POI search? i dont really use the BB for anything other than the email.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:39 AM
iko

Originally Posted by tampa pb
i have an 8830, i think you mentioned in a prev post you have that model also? i assume that you can get phone numbers from that POI search? i dont really use the BB for anything other than the email.
Yeah, I just enter in an address or use the GPS to locate me and search on any POI, business name, etc. Brings up a quick menu where I can dial the phone to call or link to it's website. Also has info on the site, like reviews or sometimes even menu pages. Google maps is one of the most valuable apps to have on a 8830. Even if you're on GPS crippled network like Verizon.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:34 AM
spyderbret

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand. When I search for POI's on the Nav I can see phone numbers. I think addresses too but I am not sure. It is not exactly the first item on the menu but I know the phone numbers are there and you can call them.
Am I off topic with this answer?
Old 01-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spyderbret
I don't understand. When I search for POI's on the Nav I can see phone numbers. I think addresses too but I am not sure. It is not exactly the first item on the menu but I know the phone numbers are there and you can call them.
I have phone numbers on mine too. Only checked it once though, we were going to some supermarket across town and it displayed the phone number and I could dial just by selecting it. The reason I remember this is because it was their fax number. Doh.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:02 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Interesting maybe I'll have to go play with mine..
Old 01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Interesting maybe I'll have to go play with mine..
I use my ATT Tilt (8925) for my navigation, comes with a GPs chip and I added google maps on it along with a number of other mods. I'm not sure about getting the navigation package bc my phone does it so well plus it's touchscreen so it works well in one handed operation while driving...
Old 01-22-2008, 10:43 AM
kiddmaff5646

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
U can get phone #'s.. once you get your point of interest I believe the option is "details" something like that I don't really remember but you can deff.. get phone #'s
Old 01-22-2008, 11:20 AM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by spyderbret
you are not off topic at all. this is the perfect answer. i just need details!
from the people who have done this before, or anyone testing it out now, pls post a detailed menu of what you did to view phone numbers for a POI.
thanks
Old 01-22-2008, 11:33 AM
kiddmaff5646

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
OK this is how I do it..
1: Hit Dest. button
2: Point of interest.
3: By Name " Enter what ever poi you are looking for then hit list.
4: Asks you By Dist. or by Cat. I always hit by Dist. Then it lists the nearest point of interest that you entered.
5: Select the closest P.O.I
6: You will see a list of options on the left.. Select P.O.I info and voilą there is the phone number along with all the P.O.I info
Old 01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
tampa pb

awesome kid! thanks so much!

Quick Reply: phone #'s from navigation