Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Question about reverse cam function.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:01 PM
vINCe_Inc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about reverse cam function.

So i was thinkin':
The jap spec skyline comes with a side view camera so you can see the passenger side wheel.

what if someone is adventerous enough to discretely mount a tiny wireless camera right below passenger side view mirror (dont ask me how, was thinking you drill a small hole and power it with the same power that powers the motor for for the side view mirror adjusment). and have it transmit wireless signals to one of those wireless receivers that plug directly to the aux / video in.

The question is would the aux / video inn activate when your gear is put to reverse ? i understand the stock reverse camera will come on, but will it be over-ridden by a device plugged in into the aux ?

if it is possible, i might actually be daring enough to try.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:05 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
There's probably a way you can just 'plug-in' a sideview mirror with the camera and it 'should' work just fine.. Someone says they found out our units have the software ability for this function to work.

Unfortunately, if the car is moving ie. in reverse, the Aux/Video function will cease to work.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:18 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KPtechnologies makes a reverse mirror tilt module that will automatically tilt the passenger mirror when the car is in reverse. Not quite as cool as a video camera but, for the most part, serves the same purpose.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:12 AM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yes i found out the firmware is already in our system for the side camera. It says it in the camera check section. But is there already hook ups for the camera? no idea. Also on the Nissan version the camera is on the passanger side which would be our driver side....