Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Group BUY from Zenclousres custom Sub boxes.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:59 PM
symalik
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dillyyo,

you are correct about the measurement of T-S parameters but most by most I mean 99% off the people can't tell the sound quality difference. Most of us are only looking for some low freq sound added which is currently missing.

I myself have 2 Diamond Audio TDX with a Diamond Audio D9 amp with the perfect box for the subs and my G35, but it takes up all off my trunk space. now I am going to put the same system in this car and try to keep the most possible trunk space. The key is to have enough trunk space to do stuff and while achieving the best results you can. For a perfect SQ system, you need to change every component off the audio system and not just add sub woofers.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:01 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dillyyo
Oh ok.....buy a prebuilt box and then buy a sub that conforms to that box!! And I'm the newbie?!?! Any competent enclosure builder would measure the transfer function of the car. Then, when someone were to buy a sub, the enclosure dimensions are derived from a combination of T-S parameters and transfer function. Maybe most just don't care as they are sticking with the Bose system which is obviously horrid. To each his own!
ITS SIMPLE --- THATS WHAT IT IS! easy buy box, easy buy 10s. Period. No one here in this group deal is doing a CUSTOM system. SO who cares about all your fancy talk... this is a group buy for people who want to add a lil bass to the bose... Until you replace all your bose or even until you post your G37 and prove you have a car... dont be coming in here putting down something that we are trying to do. If you dont have anything to say POSITIVE in a Group buy thread...THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL... This thread is to help people out and get a better price. No one needs to hear all this negative PERSONAL OPINION talk putting down what we are buying. We are trying to get people to get this so we can get it cheaper... all your wierd talk is just confusing people, which in turn is making them take longer to purchase one of these cause there having to Google all the BS terms you are posting about!!

DOMO ok im taking a and getting off my soapbox...
but for real dude... chill on dissin this product...ok? if you just absolutly must... make a new thread...
Old 01-24-2008, 11:24 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^+1
Old 01-25-2008, 12:40 AM
aznutx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. dillyyo haha been reading most of your posts from other threads and this.. dunno what you are trying to accomplish, but i agree with max, criticizing group buys arent in the best ethics as a supporter for a forum, either way trying to sound smart, and actually being smart are different, as for this thread in particular, most people are looking for maximized trunk space, by buying a ***prebuilt*** subbox that's flush to the back i.e. saving as much room as possible, and for 125$ (8+) for a flush/carpet'd box, it's not that bad..i know i've built my share of sub boxes for my cars over the years, and well im older now and dont got that free time so brings me to my point # 2
2. haha still debating will give answer by saturday.

3. if anyone did it themselves, i'd still like to know how the power cord was routed thru the car, this is the only hassle that's preventing me from the groupbuy. rather do it myself than take it somewhere

Last edited by aznutx; 01-25-2008 at 01:15 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:33 AM
mmlg9770

Hi
Thank you for your interest in this group buy that MaxToTheG37 has set up.....Thanks MaxToTheG37!
I've decided to make the price $125.00 whether or not the total orders reaches 8+ or not.
Feel free to make your order/payment anytime. I can accept Paypal at zenclosures@tampabay.rr.com or over the phone(visa/mc) at 941-914-0859
When sending payment via Paypal please include your forum name and whether you need the 1-10" or 2-10" version of this enclosure.

Thank You
Mike G
www.zenclosures.com
1-941-914-0859

Last edited by mmlg9770; 01-25-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:54 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

^^^ See guys... told you Mike was a kewl Dude!

UPDATED! 125 SHIPPED till SUNDAY at 11:59 PM (1/27)Please post here in addition to making your order so we can keep track and have a good representation for the Forum!

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 01-25-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Kream

I think you meant 1/27

I'm in the process of relocating my amps. Once that is done I will definitely purchase the enclosure. I'm willing to sacrifice some bass for this flush box and more trunk space.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:50 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

^^ thanks... I guess I'm wanting Christmas presents still...haha
Old 01-25-2008, 12:18 PM
bllop

You can count me in on the group buy.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:12 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
ITS SIMPLE --- THATS WHAT IT IS! easy buy box, easy buy 10s. Period. No one here in this group deal is doing a CUSTOM system. SO who cares about all your fancy talk... this is a group buy for people who want to add a lil bass to the bose... Until you replace all your bose or even until you post your G37 and prove you have a car... dont be coming in here putting down something that we are trying to do. If you dont have anything to say POSITIVE in a Group buy thread...THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL... This thread is to help people out and get a better price. No one needs to hear all this negative PERSONAL OPINION talk putting down what we are buying. We are trying to get people to get this so we can get it cheaper... all your wierd talk is just confusing people, which in turn is making them take longer to purchase one of these cause there having to Google all the BS terms you are posting about!!

DOMO ok im taking a and getting off my soapbox...
but for real dude... chill on dissin this product...ok? if you just absolutly must... make a new thread...

Number one, I never said anything with the intention of "dissing" someone or the product they fabricate/sell. What I am trying to do is inform people about actual sound quality. Throwing one or two subs with like 1000 watts to a weak Bose system, is NOT obtaining the sound quality most would like to hear if they knew the difference.

After noticing all the posts about people using clean sweep DSP's or people TELLING other members to use cleansweeps, I felt that I should try and inform the obviously uneducated members. Maybe you feel it's okay to have people within a forum community to be duped into buying something, but I don't.

As far as having a G37, I have no problem posting my car or anything else. I was for years a respected member at www.twinturbo.net (300zx) and felt that 99.9% of the time, I contributed with positive information , along with helping other members out with technical issues.

I haven't been on this forum for that long, but I sure hope that I am not dealing with a bunch of F&F ricer kids who do more harm to a community than good. Take my info as you may and if it's not welcomed, I will PM the members that I feel maybe interested in some knowledge.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:19 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by symalik
dillyyo,

you are correct about the measurement of T-S parameters but most by most I mean 99% off the people can't tell the sound quality difference. Most of us are only looking for some low freq sound added which is currently missing.

I myself have 2 Diamond Audio TDX with a Diamond Audio D9 amp with the perfect box for the subs and my G35, but it takes up all off my trunk space. now I am going to put the same system in this car and try to keep the most possible trunk space. The key is to have enough trunk space to do stuff and while achieving the best results you can. For a perfect SQ system, you need to change every component off the audio system and not just add sub woofers.

Thanks for an intellectual response there sym. I understand the quandary about space and all. Thats why I figured maybe some people should try ad inform members about the basics of car audio. The fact that going from one sub to two subs with the same amount of power only gets you a +3db increase in volume! Thats like a click and a half on the **** and essentially nothing. Maybe then members would decide against having a box that takes up all of that space and maybe demand a more stealth enclosure.

I know people want to just add bottom end onto the Blose system, but if that is the path one wants to take, why not do it without essentially wasting space?
Old 01-25-2008, 01:20 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by dillyyo
Number one, I never said anything with the intention of "dissing" someone or the product they fabricate/sell. What I am trying to do is inform people about actual sound quality. Throwing one or two subs with like 1000 watts to a weak Bose system, is NOT obtaining the sound quality most would like to hear if they knew the difference.

After noticing all the posts about people using clean sweep DSP's or people TELLING other members to use cleansweeps, I felt that I should try and inform the obviously uneducated members. Maybe you feel it's okay to have people within a forum community to be duped into buying something, but I don't.

As far as having a G37, I have no problem posting my car or anything else. I was for years a respected member at www.twinturbo.net (300zx) and felt that 99.9% of the time, I contributed with positive information , along with helping other members out with technical issues.

I haven't been on this forum for that long, but I sure hope that I am not dealing with a bunch of F&F ricer kids who do more harm to a community than good. Take my info as you may and if it's not welcomed, I will PM the members that I feel maybe interested in some knowledge.
Dude give it a rest...The stuff you say makes no sense. If you want to advise someone on something do it in your own thread! or better yet go back to your beloved twinturbo and post there.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:23 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by aznutx
1. dillyyo haha been reading most of your posts from other threads and this.. dunno what you are trying to accomplish, but i agree with max, criticizing group buys arent in the best ethics as a supporter for a forum, either way trying to sound smart, and actually being smart are different, as for this thread in particular, most people are looking for maximized trunk space, by buying a ***prebuilt*** subbox that's flush to the back i.e. saving as much room as possible, and for 125$ (8+) for a flush/carpet'd box, it's not that bad..i know i've built my share of sub boxes for my cars over the years, and well im older now and dont got that free time so brings me to my point # 2
2. haha still debating will give answer by saturday.

3. if anyone did it themselves, i'd still like to know how the power cord was routed thru the car, this is the only hassle that's preventing me from the groupbuy. rather do it myself than take it somewhere
Please read my post above this in regards to space. As far as my other posts, if you have found or detected something incorrect, please let me know as conveyance of sound information is the tool by which we enhance our knowledge. After almost 20 years in the car audio game, I consider myself a rather reputable source of technical information.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:25 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Dude give it a rest...The stuff you say makes no sense. If you want to advise someone on something do it in your own thread! or better yet go back to your beloved twinturbo and post there.
Please do elaborate!
Old 01-25-2008, 01:27 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Make your own thread and i will...

Quick Reply: Group BUY from Zenclousres custom Sub boxes.